Hello, my friends! Welcome to my blog! Thanks to Therese Calvird for sending everyone over. I’m so excited for this Marvelous Monthly Series Release blog hop!!! For the complete details, make sure to drop by the Altenew Card Blog. You can find the full release here.
I created some cards using the products from this release. I hope you’ll like them!
GET WELL SOON
- Stamp the image from the Silk Art Stamp set using dye inks. With a spray bottle, add some water to the image.
- Using the stencils, add Versamark ink to some parts of the stamped images.
- Sprinkle Distress Glazes (Antique Linen and Salvaged Patina) on certain areas them emboss to create a mottled effect and for added contrast.
- Emboss the edges using Rose Gold embossing powder to create a frame.
- Stamp and emboss the sentiment from the Pots and Plants stamp set with Pure white embossing powder.
- Assemble the card.
I love this stamp set!!! I will definitely create more cards using this set. Other images in the set will look lovely on their own…
- Stamp lightly using Antique Linen ink.
- Use the coordinating stencil from the CYLPK Silk Art to add color to the image.
- Deboss using the Dotted Starburst Debossing die.
- Die-cut the Waterbrush Hello die on the panel and die-cut four more on plain cardstock. Adhere on top of each other with adhesive.
- Add Rose gold embossing powder at the base of the die-cut for a pop of color.
- Inlay the word and mount it onto a blue card base.
This is an easy card to make. The debossing die adds a lot of texture to the card front.
- Emboss 2 sheets of cardstock using the Craft Your Life Project Kit: Silk Art 3d Embossing folder.
- Cut one panel smaller, add Persian Blue Dye ink to the raised side, and run it through the die cutting machine again.
- Die-cut the sentiment from the Essential Sentiment Strips Die.
- Assemble the card, making sure to line up the flowers/leaves of the colored panel to the plain card base.
I’M HERE FOR YOU
- Die-cut vellum using the Craft-a-Flower: Cape Marguerite layering dies.
- Color the flowers with Alcohol Markers: Cosmic Berry, Purple Wine, Puffy Heart, and Rose Quartz. Start with the lightest pink. Make sure to use a flicking motion when coloring the petals.
- Follow the layering based on the images on the insert card.
- Emboss a cardstock using the Organic Linen 3D embossing folder.
- Add embossing ink to the edges and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card with foam sheets.
I kept the card base white so that the flowers would stand out more.
BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED
- Stamp the image from the Build-a-Garden: NaNature’sagic on watercolor paper and emboss it using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Watercolor the images using the ArArtists’atercolor 24 pan set.
- Die-cut plain cardstock using the Fine Frames Cover die. Add Versamark Ink and emboss using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp the sentiment on the vellum and tear the edges.
- Assemble the card.
TIP: Always start with the lightest watercolor first, then work your way to a darker shade. While the image is still wet, use the fine tip of the watercolor brush to add some stipples for added texture.
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 06/18/2022 for a chance to win.
Next up is my talented friend and mentor, Virginia Lu. I hope you liked the card samples I made for this marvelous release. It would mean so much to me if you could follow me on Instagram and YouTube if you liked what you saw here in my blog. The links are located below. Please don’t forget to leave a comment to get a chance to win a prize from Altenew! Thank you so much for dropping by, and I hope to hear from you again soon! Happy crafting!!!