Hello, friends! Welcome to my blog! If you just came from Hussena Calcuttawala, you’re on the right track. I’m honored to be invited to be a part of Altenew’s Watercolors Blog Hop. This is the end of the hop list, so I hope you were inspired by all the projects the designers came up with. Full details can be found on Altenew’s blog.
I fell in love with watercoloring several years ago and enjoy using them with my cards. Altenew has watercolor pans and liquid brush markers to choose from. You can find them here. I created a couple of cards using the Artist Watercolor Pan set, but I also included other older scrapbooking projects using Altenew’s Watercolor Brush markers. Here are the cards using the Artist Watercolor Pan set.
- Stamp the Tropical Jungle Stamp and Die Set and emboss using Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Watercolor the image using the Artists’ Watercolor Pan set.
- Color the background with the Altenew Liquid Brush marker (dusk).
- Emboss the edges with Rose Gold Embossing powder and tear the edge.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Pots and Plants stamp set.
- Assemble card using foam sheet.
I became interested in plants when the Pandemic began, and taking care of them is pretty therapeutic! So for this set of cards, I used plant images in all of them. I chose cool colors for this card because, for me, plants evoke peace and serenity.
SENDING YOU LOVE
- Stamp and emboss the image from the Tropical Jungle Stamp set on the lower right corner of the watercolor paper.
- Loosley create an ombre frame and partially color the stamped image with the Artists’ Watercolor Pan set.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Bold Sentiments Stamp set and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Assemble card using foam squares.
I love the simplicity of this CAS card. And it’s so easy to make!!!
Here are more samples of the simple watercolored background cards using the Tropical Jungle Stamp set.
THANKS FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP
- Stamp the image from the Pots and Plants stamp set and emboss it with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Watercolor using the Artists’ Watercolor Pan set.
- Create a “floor” using Altenew’s Navy cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Add contrast using coloring pencils.
- Create a gold border by embossing 2 of the edges.
- Assemble card with foam squares.
I enjoyed coloring these beautiful plant images! Arranging them in different levels also created depth.
Below are some scrapbooking layouts I previously created using Altenew stamps, stenchils and watercolors. I love how Altenew stamps have become my go-to embellishments for scrapbook pages.
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this special blog hop, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 08/05/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 08/09/2022.
If you haven’t visited the Altenew blog, this is where you start. I’m sure my uber-talented friend, Erum Tasnim, will mesmerize you with her fantastic talent.
I hope you liked the projects I made for this hop. If you want to see my other creations, please follow me on Instagram. I also share video tutorials on Youtube. All the links are found below. Thank you so much, and happy crafting! <3