Hello, everyone! Welcome to my blog! If you just came from Lilith Eeckels, then you’re on the right track. For the complete information about this release, please visit the Altenew blog. I’m so excited to share with you what I created because there were many beautiful products from the NEW RELEASE to work with!!! I made a number of cards and I hope you will like them.
SENDING MY LOVE
- Emboss the image from the Endless Florescence Stamp twice on Neenah Solar White CS using Rose Gold Embossing Powder.
- Watercolor the images using the following Watercolor brush markers— Paperbag, Expresso, Emerald, Moss, Dusk, Persian Blue, Crimson and Rouge
- Die cut the watercolored images. Die cut an extra on plain white cardstock to cover the back of the image since the front panel is transparent.
- Create a trifold card using clear cardstock and Navy cardstock.
- Emboss the sentiments from Ornamental Bliss and Say It with Love Stamp sets using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares and adhesive.
I love how this card turned out. It is a huge image and I didn’t want to cut it so I just made a 5×7 card. I also added a second image inside the card for an added surprise to the recipient.
TIP: When doing loose water-coloring, intentionally do not color some areas of the petals (leaving them white) to mimic highlights.
Add a plain die cut cardstock to the back of the clear cover panel to hide the glue/foam squares. I added another watercolored image inside the card to make it a little more special when the recipient opens it. <3
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO READ and THE WORLD BELONGS TO THOSE WHO READ
- Stamp the different layers of the Botanical Bookmark and die cut.
- Paint a background using Watercolor brushmarkers in shades of blue and green and use the die to cut out a bookmark.
- Watercolor the strips of watercolor paper and die cut using the Creative Edges: Lace die.
- Cut 2 slits on the card front and insert the bookmark. Add the lace die cuts on both sides.
- Add strings to the end of the bookmark.
TIP: Add water splatters on the watercolored background and allow to sit for a few seconds then pat with a dry towel to create more texture.
I wanted to make interactive cards– cards and bookmarks in one.
HELLO I’M ONLY A TEXT AWAY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY
- Partially stamp the Geometric Botany Stamp on Neenah Solar White CS. Emboss using Pure White embossing powder.
- Color using the following Artist markers– (Blue card) B002, B201, B204 and B227 (Green card) G503, G804, G554, G825, G915.
- Die cut the green card using the Fancy Hello die. Die cut another 4 on white cardstock and stack on top of each other .
- Emboss the sentiment from the Sentiment Strips 3 Stamp using Pure White embossing powder.
- For the blue card, die cut Happy Birthday from the Essential Sentiment Strips die 5 times. Color plain white paper using one of the blue alcohol ink markers and add to the back of the sentiment.
- Die cut the panel using the Mix and Match die.
- Assemble the cards using foam squares and adhesive.
TIP: The easiest way to color a background with lots of shapes is to use a monochromatic color scheme. Color all of the same shape at once them move on to the next shape using a different color.
YAY! AND THANKS
- Create a background using the following alcohol inks: Galactic Stream, Teal Cave, Dusk, and Piñata Gold on Nara Paper. Use 90% isopropyl alcohol to dilute the inks. Allow to dry.
- Stamp the image from the Geometric Botany background stamp set using Alcohol Lift Ink.
- While the ink is still wet, stamp the image on another plain white cardstock to create a second card front.
- Die cut the Fancy Yay! 5 times on white cardstock and adhere on top of each other.
- Cut the alcohol inked background and adhere to a white card front. Adhere the Yay die cut.
- Use the excess alcohol inked background as a border and a die cut sentiment for the 2nd card.
TIP: Dab the excess alcohol lift ink with a paper towel– remember to use a clean part of the towel every time you dab. When it’s dry, buff the surface and the image will magically become crisper. (I got this tip from everyone’s idol– Jennifer Mcguire).
TIP: Do not throw away your scraps! You can always use them as a border or for word dies like the Thanks card I made using scraps.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
- Create a watercolored background using Watercolor brush markers. Add water for the pigments to bleed.
- Stamp the image from the Tree of Fantasy Stamp using dye inks and sprits water on the stamp before stamping. Add additional defined branches with watercolor.
- Add small trees on the hills with diluted watercolor.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Sentiment Strips 3 set and emboss using Pure White Embossing powder. Tie the Metallic Thread for added accent on the card.
I wanted to keep this card simple and the colors subdued since it’s a sympathy card. It’s sad that I need to create more of these cards lately. Hopefully, this card will make my friend feel how much I also hurt for the loss of his Mom.
Stamp the image from the Endless Florescence Stamp Set on top of the stamped background and add botanical lines on the leaves and stems using Tombow drawing pens 0.1, 0.3 and 0.5. Add additional berries and branches in certain spaces then color the background black. Stamp the sentiment on the front cover using the Inside and Out: Thanks Stamp set.
TIP: I recently took a Botanical Line Drawing Workshop with Thea Po and I got so excited thinking of all the stamp sets I can use this technique with!!! The key here is to follow the curvature of the petal, leaf or bud so that it will not look stiff. Add different lengths of lines, too!
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/10/2022 for a chance to win.
Next up: Laurie Willison. Thank you so much for dropping by! I hope you liked the cards I created for this release. Would love to hear what your favorite is. If you have any questions, just let me know and if you like what you see, I hope you can follow me on IG as well (@mylittleatticstudio) Don’t forget to leave a comment below to get a chance to win a prize from Altenew! Until my next post– stay safe and happy crafting!
P.S. I hope, as a crafting community, we can all be together in prayer for Ukraine and that the world leaders will always choose peace over war and aggression. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼