Hello, everyone! Welcome to Altenew’s Build-a-Flower: Bearded Iris Release blog hop + giveaway!!! I’m so thrilled to be joining the designers for this hop! If you just came from Linda Westfall‘s blog, then you almost made it to the finish line!!! You will find the complete blog hop list on the Altenew card blog.
Take a look at this beautiful layering set! For my samples, I made one using only the outline layer and the other using all the layers.
All Altenew products are linked to Altenew’s online store so that it’s easy for you to find them. These are not affiliate links… I just want it to be easier for you to find the items in the store. 😊
SENDING LOTS OF LOVE
- Stamp with Versamark ink and emboss the outline image using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color the image using the Water Garden Artist Alcohol Markers set G
- Die-cut Neenah solar white using the Nesting frames die then deboss with the Dotted Starburst debossing die
- Stamp the sentiment on black cardstock using Versarmark ink and emboss with Pure white embossing powder.
- Create an ombre background using distress oxide inks.
- Distress the edges of the background with a paper distresser.
- Assemble the card with foam squares for added dimension.
Because the vellum is a non-porous surface, it it’s easier to move and blend the the pigments. With paper, the ink will seep into the fibers very quickly. It wasn’t difficult to create the texture on the flowers by using different shades of the same color.
For this card, I used both the outline stamp set and the layering stamps.
- Stamp Neenah solar white cardstock using the outline stamp and Ink on 3 no line coloring ink.
- Layer the stamp layers to create a flower using the Warm and Cozy dye ink set. Stamp the leaves using Nature’s Wonders ink set.
- Stamp the outline image on making paper then cut out the image to create a mask.
- Cover the layered flower with the cut out masking paper and stamp the outline image using Versafine Onyx black.
- Create a scalloped edge using the die.
- Mat with gold cardstock.
- Die-cut the sentiment 5 times. Add Versamark Ink to the lower part of the die-cut and emboss using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card with foam squares.
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 07/07/2021 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 07/09/2021.
Next up is Svitlana Shayevich I hope you liked the cards I made for this hop. Don’t forget to leave a comment to get a chance to win some prizes from Altenew! Thanks so much for dropping by and stay safe, everyone!!!