Hello, everyone! Welcome to Altenew’s Build-a-Flower: Bearded Iris Release blog hop + giveaway!!! I’m so thrilled to be joining the designers for this hop! If you just came from Linda Westfall‘s blog, then you almost made it to the finish line!!! You will find the complete blog hop list on the Altenew card blog.
Take a look at this beautiful layering set! For my samples, I made one using only the outline layer and the other using all the layers.
All Altenew products are linked to Altenew’s online store so that it’s easy for you to find them. These are not affiliate links… I just want it to be easier for you to find the items in the store. 😊
SENDING LOTS OF LOVE
- Stamp with Versamark ink and emboss the outline image using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color the image using the Water Garden Artist Alcohol Markers set G
- Die-cut Neenah solar white using the Nesting frames die then deboss with the Dotted Starburst debossing die
- Stamp the sentiment on black cardstock using Versarmark ink and emboss with Pure white embossing powder.
- Create an ombre background using distress oxide inks.
- Distress the edges of the background with a paper distresser.
- Assemble the card with foam squares for added dimension.
Because the vellum is a non-porous surface, it it’s easier to move and blend the the pigments. With paper, the ink will seep into the fibers very quickly. It wasn’t difficult to create the texture on the flowers by using different shades of the same color.
For this card, I used both the outline stamp set and the layering stamps.
- Stamp Neenah solar white cardstock using the outline stamp and Ink on 3 no line coloring ink.
- Layer the stamp layers to create a flower using the Warm and Cozy dye ink set. Stamp the leaves using Nature’s Wonders ink set.
- Stamp the outline image on making paper then cut out the image to create a mask.
- Cover the layered flower with the cut out masking paper and stamp the outline image using Versafine Onyx black.
- Create a scalloped edge using the die.
- Mat with gold cardstock.
- Die-cut the sentiment 5 times. Add Versamark Ink to the lower part of the die-cut and emboss using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card with foam squares.
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 07/07/2021 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 07/09/2021.
Next up is Svitlana Shayevich I hope you liked the cards I made for this hop. Don’t forget to leave a comment to get a chance to win some prizes from Altenew! Thanks so much for dropping by and stay safe, everyone!!!
Great cards. Love the debossed panel you did, looks good!
The iris is my favorite flower…I can almost smell the purple one you created!!
Cute card! Thanks for sharing.
Love the composition of your first card. Beautiful.
Gorgeous cards. The colors look fantastic!
The irises in the first card almost look like they are made in stained glass! Lovely coloring!
Beautiful cards Nenette, you did a wonderful job showcasing this new BAF set! Thanks for the inspiration!
I love this stamp in embossed gold.
Gorgeous work as always.
Love the gold embossing – very classy!! Beautiful
I love the bright colors you used! STunning!
Your gold embossed purple iris is my fav of the blog hop. That gold just sets the flower off beautifully
Wonderful cards! Two such different but equally stunning ways to use this beautiful iris! Thanks so much for sharing and the great inspiration!Stay safe! 🙂
Our iris are stunning! I especially like the first card with the debossed piece adding texture.
Both cards are very pretty!
These are so stunning!! Love the coloring
Lovely cards with wonderful colors, Thanks for the inspiration!
Wow! Your first cards is one of my favorites this blog hop! Such beautiful floral colors and what a stunning background. So inspirational! Can’t wait to try this!
The gold embossed purple Iris on vellum is stunning. I love the dotted starburst background too. The 2nd card is stunning as well the the scalloped edge and gold trim. Beautiful colors and shading. Thanks for sharing.
Both cards are very pretty and very different, The coloring is great and the compositions are perfect! Thank you for the inspiration and sharing your talent!
Love your colors with the gold embossing. Beautiful!
The first card is my FAVORITE!!! Really gorgeous how you changed the colors
Stunning cards! Love the gold embossing on the first one, and the use of the debossed card to show it off. The colors in the second iris are so lovely, and I really like the plain stamped iris image behind it. You have given me two great ideas for using this newest stamp set—thank you!
I always love the color combinations on your cards! They’re beautiful!
Your vellum watercoloring is perfection! And the lovely ombre’ card is great to really show it off! Your 2nd layered stamping is wonderful with the Martian terrain colors which are beautiful as well with the blue colored card!!
Gorgeous cards. Love both techniques, but the alcohol markers on vellum is just stunning.
So pretty. Each one is special in its own way.
Great color combinations. I like the layers.