If you have been following my Instagram account, you know that I have gotten into liking plants. A friend of mine gifted me with one and I only realized that seeing a new leaf could bring so much joy! So when I saw these products, I was so happy!!! Here are the cards I made for the Gardens Around the World release.
WISHING YOU THE HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS
- Stamp the images from the Victorian Greenhouse Stamp set using dye inks and die cut using the coordinating dies.
- Die cut white cardstock using the Classic Greenhouse 4 times and on the last one, color with Distress Inks.
- Tear sticky paper and mask the top part of the card front. Color the lower part using Distress inks to mimic grass.
- Stamp sentiment on vellum and emboss using Pure White embossing powder.
- Assemble the card.
How I wish I had my own greenhouse!!! I enjoyed arranging the plants in this one. To make it look more realistic, I added acetate to make it look like glass.
AND HERE YOU ARE LIVING DESPITE IT ALL
- Stamp floral images from the Morning Flowers Stamp set using Pink Diamond, Coral Bliss, Volcano Lake and Lagoon dye inks on white cardstock.
- Stamp leaves using Caramel, Toffee and Paper Bag dye inks onto another white cardstock and emboss using the Waffled Diamonds 3D embossing folder.
- Die cut the flowers and add on top of the embossed panel.
- Stamp sentiment on vellum and emboss using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card with adhesive and foam squares.
I love the effect of embossing over stamped images! I will surely try this technique again.
- Create backgrounds using acrylic paints and a Gelli plate.
- Stamp and emboss the floral images from the Castle Gardens Stamp set using Versamark Ink and Pure White embossing powder. Die cut the images. Emboss the sentiment from Pots and Plants Stamp set on black cardstock.
- Emboss two panels using the Connected 3D embossing folder.
- Create a gate folding card and adhere the embossed panels and stamped images using adhesive and foam square.
This was a pretty easy card to create. You can also use patterned paper instead of making your own. I enjoy creating my own patterned papers though so that I can choose the colors I want.
SOMETIMES IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE WE FIND OUR DIRECTION
- Create a customized patterned paper using acrylic paints and a gelli plate.
- Die cut a window using the Rounded Rectangle Dies.
- Smoosh the front onto leftover acrylic paints to add color to the card front.
- Stamp the floral images from the Castle Garden Stamp set and emboss with Pure white embossing powder. Die cut the image using the coordinating die.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Block Sentiments Stamp set onto vellum and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble the card.
I can’t wait to see how the other designers used this gorgeous stamp set. It’s a big image so you can use it in so many ways!
- Get a FREE brand new Gardens Around the World Mini Inspiration Guide with every order from 04/14/2022 through 04/16/2022. Shop HERE!
- Get a FREE brand new Gardens Around the World Stamp & Die Release Inspiration Guide Ebook (worth $5.99) with every order of high-value Sweet Moments Bundles. Shop HERE! *Exclusions apply.
- Get a FREE brand new Online Cardmaking Class with every order from the new Gardens Around the World Stamp & Die Release Collection from 04/14/2022 through 04/20/2022. Shop HERE!
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/20/2022 for a chance to win.
Next on the hop is someone I truly admire–Norine Borys. Thank you so much for dropping by! Let me know which one you liked the most in the comment section below and you might just win a prize from Altenew! If you liked my content, I hope you can follow this blog and my other social media platforms. Links are listed below. Thank you for reading through! Stay safe and happy crafting!💙