Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season. 🙂
I’m excited to join Altenew’s first inspiration challenge for 2019. The colors are so attractive because of the high contrast. 🙂 I knew the combination looked familiar so I searched the cards that I made before and found this one 🙂
This see through card was inspired by my all time favorite idol, Ms. Jennifer Mcguire. <3 I used the lovely Build a Flower Rose stamp set for the flowers and the leaves. I love how it’s so easy to line up the layers of this stamp set. Here’s how it’s done.
- Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze and Firebrick Altenew crisp dye inks were used to stamp several flowers while the leaves were stamped with Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake and Lagoon.
- Cut out the flowers and leaves using the coordinating dies.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves so that they touch each other making sure that the corners and parts of the edge of the cards are covered.
- Use press and seal to pick up the whole arrangement then flip and glue the flowers and leaves together (a little glue goes a long way. Make sure you put glue only on the areas where the petals/leaves touch)
- Trim the entire piece to 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Score 1/4 of an inch from the top to create a hinge.
- Add double sided tape and adhere to the back panel (white cardstock cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ ) of the card to create a top folding card.
- Emboss the sentiment using clear embossing ink and my all time favorite Rose Gold Crisp embossing powder.
- Die cut the Thanks script (from Simon Says Stamps) using white and emerald green cardstocks.
- Assemble the card
Do check out the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for the rules and prizes. The Challenge ends on Thursday, January 31st, 2019 at 11:55 PM EDT. Hope you can join the fun!