Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas season. 🙂
I’m excited to join Altenew’s first inspiration challenge for 2019. The colors are so attractive because of the high contrast. 🙂 I knew the combination looked familiar so I searched the cards that I made before and found this one 🙂
This see through card was inspired by my all time favorite idol, Ms. Jennifer Mcguire. <3 I used the lovely Build a Flower Rose stamp set for the flowers and the leaves. I love how it’s so easy to line up the layers of this stamp set. Here’s how it’s done.
- Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze and Firebrick Altenew crisp dye inks were used to stamp several flowers while the leaves were stamped with Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake and Lagoon.
- Cut out the flowers and leaves using the coordinating dies.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves so that they touch each other making sure that the corners and parts of the edge of the cards are covered.
- Use press and seal to pick up the whole arrangement then flip and glue the flowers and leaves together (a little glue goes a long way. Make sure you put glue only on the areas where the petals/leaves touch)
- Trim the entire piece to 4.25″ x 5.5″
- Score 1/4 of an inch from the top to create a hinge.
- Add double sided tape and adhere to the back panel (white cardstock cut to 4.25″ x 5.5″ ) of the card to create a top folding card.
- Emboss the sentiment using clear embossing ink and my all time favorite Rose Gold Crisp embossing powder.
- Die cut the Thanks script (from Simon Says Stamps) using white and emerald green cardstocks.
- Assemble the card
Do check out the Altenew Inspiration Challenge for the rules and prizes. The Challenge ends on Thursday, January 31st, 2019 at 11:55 PM EDT. Hope you can join the fun!
Truly striking and beautiful!! Love your take on this challenge, Nenette! Thanks for the eye candy!
Thanks so much, Virginia!!! Looking forward to tomorrow’s blog hop!!!
I recognized this technique immediately and your results are STUNNING!!! Jennifer McGuire and Altenew have to be over the moon with this card. Your recipient will treasure it forever.
Thank you so much, Deborah!!! <3 <3 <3
Hi Nenette! I love your card, it is so bright and colorful. And I’m here at your blog making sure that my link for the Educator’s blog hop works….Yup, it does! 🙂
Hi Patty! I will be doing the same… making sure that all the links are working fine. Thanks so much for dropping by!!! Excited for tomorrow 🙂
I watched Jennifer’s video on how to make this kind of card too. Yours’ is stunning! I bought the Altenew Ranunculus stamp so that I could try it too. Wow, that flower name is hard to spell!
Your cards make me breathless !
Thank you for your kind words, Jan!
Oh these are beautiful…I say that with each persons posting :0) but I really mean it! I need to try some water coloring with my sets. Have the rose but haven’t used it in a while. Thanks for the inspiration.
So sweet, Vicki! Thanks for dropping by!
This is stunning!!
Thank you so much, Beverly!
We’ll have to do some idol lining up here, she is amazing I agree! Your card is a bit of a masterpiece itself though, WOW!
Thank you so much for your kind words! <3