Hello everyone!!! Welcome to DAY 3 celebration of Altenew’s 7th Anniversary!!! I’m so excited to be a part of this celebration!!! Thank you so much, Kristina, for relaying you over to my blog. Make sure you drop by the Altenew blog for complete details of the hop.
An anniversary is a good way to look back at what you have done. And you have done so well, Altenew!!! Happy 7th!!! That’s 7 years of coming up with beautiful, innovative and creative products!!! In the early years, Altenew was known for its beautiful layered floral stamps. After 7 years, it has evolved into an all-around crafting company that offers different kinds of papers, embossing folders, inks, tools, stickers, watercolors, alcohol ink markers, tools, embossing powders etc. Congratulations to the leaders of Altenew–Tasnim Ahmed, Jennifer Rzasa, May Sukyong Park, Nicole Picadura, Lydia Evans, Nabil Rab, creative designers, educators, and all the other amazing crew involved in Altenew!!! This company is where it is today because of all of you. What an extraordinary journey it has been and I’m so honored to be a part of this celebration.
My Little Attic was the first online store to bring Altenew to the Philippines and I believe I became the first Altenew Educator in Asia. <3 Sharing Altenew goodness brings me so much joy. I miss giving workshops and interacting with all the Altenew fans here in Manila. 🙁 Hopefully, someday, we can go back to doing workshops together.
I made a couple of cards for this Anniversary hop using my new favorites from this year’s release. Let me know in the comment section which card is your favorite!
SOMETIMES IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE WE FIND OUR DIRECTION
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP, LEAF BED STENCIL, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, EMBOSSING PASTE, OCEAN WAVES ALCOHOL INK, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PIGMENTS PRUSSIAN BLUE, ORANGE, TURQUOISE, BURNT SIENNA AND LIGHT BROWN, GESSO, VERSAMARK INK, VELLUM, NARA PAPER, ALTENEW ALCHOL INKS- ALTENEW WATERCOLOR PAPER, FOAM SQUARES, TOMOBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the image of the Leaf Bed Stencil on Nara paper using the Embossing paste. Allow the paste to dry.
- Paint over the entire embossed surface using Ocean Waves alcohol ink. Allow to dry. Spray the surface with water and sprinkle the watercolor pigments. Tilt the Nara paper to allow colors to flow.
- For the flowers, prep the watercolor paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the floral images from the Sweet Flowers Stamp set using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color with liquid watercolor and Karin Pro Brush Markers.
- Stamp sentiment from the Block Sentiments stamp set on vellum using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares and glue.
HERE FOR YOU
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, DESERT NIGHT, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PAPER, GOLD CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
I went ahead and watercolored more of the stamped and embossed floral images from the Sweet Flowers stamp set and created a second card. I really love these floral images!
- Prep surface with an antistatic tool. Stamp floral images on watercolor paper using Versamark ink then emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Die-cut the floral images. Die-cut the sentiment 4 times and paint the last die cut with the leftover liquid watercolor. Adhere on top of each other and add gold cardstock at the back of the sentiment strip.
- Watercolor the background using Dusk Liquid watercolor.
- Arrange the flowers to cover the card front and adhere using foam squares.
- Glue the watercolored background to the gold card base making sure to leave a margin of gold on the right side for added contrast.
- Glue the sentiment.
I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE
Now for a CAS card, I made a slimline card using the beautiful Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. You don’t really need a lot of embellishments for this stamp set cause the image is already stunning on its own.
MATERIALS: TALL FOLIAGE STAMP AND DIE SET, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLORED SCRAP PAPERS, CARDSTOCKS, VERSAMARK INK, FOAM SQUARES, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Cut up scraps of watercolored paper into strips with different widths.
- Adhere to card front. Prep paper with antistatic tool then stamp the image using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose gold embossing powder.
- Die cut the image.
- Die cut 4 more images on purple cardstock then stack on top of each other.
- Adhere the stamped image on the stacked purple die cut leaving a shadow.
- Adhere the card front to the card base.
- Emboss the sentiment using Versamark Ink and Pure white embossing powder.
- Adhere using foam squares.
THANK YOU, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE, I ADMIRE YOUR KINDNESS, I LOVE YOU
Here is set of coordinating CAS cards that I created using the Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. I plan to create more so that I can make a gift set out of these cards.
MATERIALS: Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set, COSMIC GARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET A, WATERGARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET G, EVENING GREY DYE INK, OBSIDIAN PIGMENT INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, COLORED CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Using a Misti, stamp the image using Evening Grey dye ink on a 4.25″ x 5.5″ left folding card front and again on a sheet of Neenah Solar White CS with the same measurement.
- Trim the stamped sheet to measure 4″ x 5.25″ to create a nice margin all around. Color certain areas of the leaves using alcohol ink markers.
- Stamp the image again on Neenah Solar White Cardstock and color some areas of the leaves then die-cut the image. Die-cut a color-coordinated cardstock 4 times and adhere on top of each other. Glue the colored stamped image on top but make sure to leave a margin so that the colored cardstock will create a shadow effect.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Obsidian Pigment Ink and emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares.
For the next 3 cards, I used the beautiful Tulip 3D embossing folder. The 3D embossed images created with this embossing folder is stunning!!!
SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS CITRUS BURST, FRESH LEMON, WARM SUNSHINE, AUTUMN BLAZE, LIMEADE, SWEET LEAF, DESSERT NIGHT, VERSAMARK INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, CRAFT CARDSTOCK, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the Neenah solar white cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Liquid watercolor brush markers to color the flowers, leaves, stems and background.
- Prep the orange cardstock with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink and emboss using clear embossing powder for a watermark effect.
- Assemble card using foam squares and glue.
The next card was the quickest to create.
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, HANDWRITTEN HELLO DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, VERSMARK INK TEAL CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES
- Emboss the teal cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Versamark Ink pad and brush across the embossed parts of the flowers and leaves. For the smaller areas, use an embossing pen.
- Emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Attach to the card front using foam squares.
For my last card, I used a number of Altenew products that all worked well together.
YOU ARE LOVED
MATERIALS: TULIPS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, LAYERED SNOWFLAKE STARS COVER DIE A, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, A LOVE FOR STRIPES SET C, CARDSTOCK, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE, DYE INKS – WISTERIA, HYDRANGEA, ROUGE, SUNKISSED, ORANGE CREAM, TURQUOISE, EXACTO KNIFE, CUTTING PAD, VERSAMARK INK, ANTISTATIC TOOL, INK DAUBER
- Emboss the Neenah Solar White cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Using a distress tool and an ink dauber, color the embossed images using dye inks.
- Carefully cut out the images using an Exacto knife and a cutting pad.
- Prep the striped paper then stamp and emboss the sentiment using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Use the Layered Snowflake Stars cover die A to die cut a light blue cardstock.
- Layer on top of a left folding cardfront.
- Adhere the cutout tulips and insert the stamped sentiment under it.
Hope you liked the cards I created for this hop. I’ve linked all the Altenew products in the materials section (just click the highlighted product) so that you can easily purchase them. These are not compensated affiliate links. I just want to make it easier for you to get the products I used on my cards. ❤️
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
Again, thank you so much for dropping by! Next up is the uber-talented Norine Borys. Make sure you visit all the other blogs for more inspiration and don’t forget to leave comments for a greater chance of winning fabulous prizes!!! If you want to stay updated with my latest creations, do follow me on IG @mylittleatticstudio. HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY, ALTENEW!!!
Stay safe everyone and happy crafting! 💜
Hi from Charlotte, North Carolina. Oh my goodness! Your cards are AMAZING! Thank you for sharing them.
Hello from the central west coast of Florida. Wow, beautiful, colorful cards. Love the tulips. thank you
Hi from SoCal!! Beautiful cards.
Hi from Elk Grove, CA!! Thank you for making beautiful products for us to enjoy!!! Congratulations Altenew on your anniversary!
Lots of colorful cards. Thanks for sharing
These are all so lovely. From Wisconsin here.
Wow! I can’t decide which is my favorite. They are all so beautiful. Lovely work.
Hello from Merritt Island, I love your work. Gorgeous cards!
Hi from California! Awesome job on all your cards! Love the sentiments!!
Hello from Ohio… wow, you shared a ton of beautiful cards… my favorites are the ones with the tulips, I like how you gave so many examples of how to use an embossing folder!! TFS!! ♥️
Hi from Ohio! Thank you for sharing your techniques, your cards are amazing!
Hi from Switzerland ! your cards are stunning !
Hi from Waukesha, Wisconsin! I love all of the sweet projects I am seeing. Altenew is also one of my favorite companies for sweet images! Thanks for the opportunity to win some awesome prizes
Hi from North Carolina! Absolutely gorgeous cards! Elegant with beautiful colors!
Hello from CT. All your cards are GORGEOUS!! I love all the stunning colors you used!!
Hello from Florida, oh wow these are all so stunning! The first is my absolute favorite & love the dark blue background on the tulips one as well
Hello from Apex, NC! Great cards. Love all the colors and techniques.
So thankful for the information on how you did these.Gorgeous!
Hello from Florida’s nature coast! Wow, just wow! I can close my mouth now. Omg they are all so beautiful! Love the cas card set and the tulip embossing folder, oh my! Love the versatility. Definitely on my shopping list. Thanks for sharing.
Hi from the NE. Gorgeous cards. Love the vibrant colors
Hi from the Florida Panhandle. Such beautiful, colorful cards!
Thanks for sharing.
hi from Brigham City Utah, I love the cards with the embossing folder!!!
Hi from Nebraska, US! Thank you for sharing your talents! Wow! You were quite busy preparing for this celebration! Such lovely cards!💕
Hi from British Columbia! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing ideas and layouts! The time you took to include the step-by-step instructions is wonderful! Thank you!!
Hi from SW Ohio! Lovely work on these!
I love your winds of change card the most. It’s so vibrant!
Hi from Ohio. Your cards are beautiful – so colorful and vibrant!
Hello from southern Indiana, USA. WOW… your cards are awesome! This is the first time I’ve been on your site… I’m a new fan/subscriber. I love your first two vibrant, floral cards; they are gorgeous. But the following encouragement cards are so peaceful and full of simple style… love them! TFS your talent and inspiration on this anniversary blog hop.
Greetings from Illinois, USA! Beautiful creations! I love the variety of techniques!
Hi from New Jersey! Wow! Your cards are stunning! The Tall Foliage cards are magnificent in their simplicity!
You are so talented! These are all great!
Hi from Chicagoland! Beautiful cards! So many different great ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Hello from Central Florida, USA! Lovely designs, can’t choose a favorite because they are all too beautiful.
Thanks for the inspiration. P.S. Happy Anniversary Altenew!
You’ve given me so many different inspirational possibilities…where to start…
Hello from Idaho, USA! Amazing cards, thank you for the wonderful inspiration!
Stunning cards! Thank you for all the inspirations!
Hello from Oconomowoc, Wisconsin! I love your colorful cards! Can’t believe I’ve only been using Altenew products for a year…happy 7th!
Hi from Melbourne, Australia. Thank you for the beautiful cards and inspirations!
Hi from Washington State. I love how your flowers are the focal point of your cards. They are beautiful!
Hello from Billings, Montana. I love your cards- they are colorful and fun! Thank you for sharing.
Hi from Hawaii. Love the clean and simple cards!
Hi from Michigan. Like the vibrant colors and tones used on your cards
Hi from Clearwater, FL! So many great ideas and gorgeous cards!!
Hi from IGH, MN! What a gorgeous collection of cards! I love your color palette and style, especially the CAS card set. TFS, Nenette!
Hello from Mukilteo Wa. Wow you really went to town. The first card is my favorite primarily because of the sentiment. It rings so true to me.
Hi from Phoenix! I’m so glad you are part of this blog hop because it led me to your blog. Now that I’ve checked it out and seen your card recipes, I will be back. Again and again.
Thank you so much for your kind words! Welcome to my little attic! <3
Hi from Kentucky. You really pulled out all the stops for this fantastic celebration! Your cards are stunning. I appreciate that you have a range of styles, something for everyone!
Hello from NorCal! Wow, you did a lot of lovely cards there. I love how vibrantly you colored things.
Stunning cards!! i especially LOVE the tulip with the orange leaves!!
Hi from Perth, Western Australia. What a beautiful array of colours, they bring out the flowers to perfection.
Hi from Arizona! Thanks for sharing all of your lovely cards!
Hi from Washington! Love how the dark background makes your flowers pop even more.
Hi from TX! I love your notecard set! I love layering colored cardstock under die cuts for that added shadow surprise. These look lovely!