Hello everyone!!! Welcome to DAY 3 celebration of Altenew’s 7th Anniversary!!! I’m so excited to be a part of this celebration!!! Thank you so much, Kristina, for relaying you over to my blog. Make sure you drop by the Altenew blog for complete details of the hop.
An anniversary is a good way to look back at what you have done. And you have done so well, Altenew!!! Happy 7th!!! That’s 7 years of coming up with beautiful, innovative and creative products!!! In the early years, Altenew was known for its beautiful layered floral stamps. After 7 years, it has evolved into an all-around crafting company that offers different kinds of papers, embossing folders, inks, tools, stickers, watercolors, alcohol ink markers, tools, embossing powders etc. Congratulations to the leaders of Altenew–Tasnim Ahmed, Jennifer Rzasa, May Sukyong Park, Nicole Picadura, Lydia Evans, Nabil Rab, creative designers, educators, and all the other amazing crew involved in Altenew!!! This company is where it is today because of all of you. What an extraordinary journey it has been and I’m so honored to be a part of this celebration.
My Little Attic was the first online store to bring Altenew to the Philippines and I believe I became the first Altenew Educator in Asia. <3 Sharing Altenew goodness brings me so much joy. I miss giving workshops and interacting with all the Altenew fans here in Manila. 🙁 Hopefully, someday, we can go back to doing workshops together.
I made a couple of cards for this Anniversary hop using my new favorites from this year’s release. Let me know in the comment section which card is your favorite!
SOMETIMES IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE WE FIND OUR DIRECTION
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP, LEAF BED STENCIL, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, EMBOSSING PASTE, OCEAN WAVES ALCOHOL INK, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PIGMENTS PRUSSIAN BLUE, ORANGE, TURQUOISE, BURNT SIENNA AND LIGHT BROWN, GESSO, VERSAMARK INK, VELLUM, NARA PAPER, ALTENEW ALCHOL INKS- ALTENEW WATERCOLOR PAPER, FOAM SQUARES, TOMOBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the image of the Leaf Bed Stencil on Nara paper using the Embossing paste. Allow the paste to dry.
- Paint over the entire embossed surface using Ocean Waves alcohol ink. Allow to dry. Spray the surface with water and sprinkle the watercolor pigments. Tilt the Nara paper to allow colors to flow.
- For the flowers, prep the watercolor paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the floral images from the Sweet Flowers Stamp set using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color with liquid watercolor and Karin Pro Brush Markers.
- Stamp sentiment from the Block Sentiments stamp set on vellum using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares and glue.
HERE FOR YOU
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, DESERT NIGHT, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PAPER, GOLD CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
I went ahead and watercolored more of the stamped and embossed floral images from the Sweet Flowers stamp set and created a second card. I really love these floral images!
- Prep surface with an antistatic tool. Stamp floral images on watercolor paper using Versamark ink then emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Die-cut the floral images. Die-cut the sentiment 4 times and paint the last die cut with the leftover liquid watercolor. Adhere on top of each other and add gold cardstock at the back of the sentiment strip.
- Watercolor the background using Dusk Liquid watercolor.
- Arrange the flowers to cover the card front and adhere using foam squares.
- Glue the watercolored background to the gold card base making sure to leave a margin of gold on the right side for added contrast.
- Glue the sentiment.
I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE
Now for a CAS card, I made a slimline card using the beautiful Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. You don’t really need a lot of embellishments for this stamp set cause the image is already stunning on its own.
MATERIALS: TALL FOLIAGE STAMP AND DIE SET, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLORED SCRAP PAPERS, CARDSTOCKS, VERSAMARK INK, FOAM SQUARES, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Cut up scraps of watercolored paper into strips with different widths.
- Adhere to card front. Prep paper with antistatic tool then stamp the image using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose gold embossing powder.
- Die cut the image.
- Die cut 4 more images on purple cardstock then stack on top of each other.
- Adhere the stamped image on the stacked purple die cut leaving a shadow.
- Adhere the card front to the card base.
- Emboss the sentiment using Versamark Ink and Pure white embossing powder.
- Adhere using foam squares.
THANK YOU, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE, I ADMIRE YOUR KINDNESS, I LOVE YOU
Here is set of coordinating CAS cards that I created using the Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. I plan to create more so that I can make a gift set out of these cards.
MATERIALS: Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set, COSMIC GARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET A, WATERGARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET G, EVENING GREY DYE INK, OBSIDIAN PIGMENT INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, COLORED CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Using a Misti, stamp the image using Evening Grey dye ink on a 4.25″ x 5.5″ left folding card front and again on a sheet of Neenah Solar White CS with the same measurement.
- Trim the stamped sheet to measure 4″ x 5.25″ to create a nice margin all around. Color certain areas of the leaves using alcohol ink markers.
- Stamp the image again on Neenah Solar White Cardstock and color some areas of the leaves then die-cut the image. Die-cut a color-coordinated cardstock 4 times and adhere on top of each other. Glue the colored stamped image on top but make sure to leave a margin so that the colored cardstock will create a shadow effect.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Obsidian Pigment Ink and emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares.
For the next 3 cards, I used the beautiful Tulip 3D embossing folder. The 3D embossed images created with this embossing folder is stunning!!!
SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS CITRUS BURST, FRESH LEMON, WARM SUNSHINE, AUTUMN BLAZE, LIMEADE, SWEET LEAF, DESSERT NIGHT, VERSAMARK INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, CRAFT CARDSTOCK, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the Neenah solar white cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Liquid watercolor brush markers to color the flowers, leaves, stems and background.
- Prep the orange cardstock with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink and emboss using clear embossing powder for a watermark effect.
- Assemble card using foam squares and glue.
The next card was the quickest to create.
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, HANDWRITTEN HELLO DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, VERSMARK INK TEAL CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES
- Emboss the teal cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Versamark Ink pad and brush across the embossed parts of the flowers and leaves. For the smaller areas, use an embossing pen.
- Emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Attach to the card front using foam squares.
For my last card, I used a number of Altenew products that all worked well together.
YOU ARE LOVED
MATERIALS: TULIPS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, LAYERED SNOWFLAKE STARS COVER DIE A, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, A LOVE FOR STRIPES SET C, CARDSTOCK, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE, DYE INKS – WISTERIA, HYDRANGEA, ROUGE, SUNKISSED, ORANGE CREAM, TURQUOISE, EXACTO KNIFE, CUTTING PAD, VERSAMARK INK, ANTISTATIC TOOL, INK DAUBER
- Emboss the Neenah Solar White cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Using a distress tool and an ink dauber, color the embossed images using dye inks.
- Carefully cut out the images using an Exacto knife and a cutting pad.
- Prep the striped paper then stamp and emboss the sentiment using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Use the Layered Snowflake Stars cover die A to die cut a light blue cardstock.
- Layer on top of a left folding cardfront.
- Adhere the cutout tulips and insert the stamped sentiment under it.
Hope you liked the cards I created for this hop. I’ve linked all the Altenew products in the materials section (just click the highlighted product) so that you can easily purchase them. These are not compensated affiliate links. I just want to make it easier for you to get the products I used on my cards. ❤️
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
Again, thank you so much for dropping by! Next up is the uber-talented Norine Borys. Make sure you visit all the other blogs for more inspiration and don’t forget to leave comments for a greater chance of winning fabulous prizes!!! If you want to stay updated with my latest creations, do follow me on IG @mylittleatticstudio. HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY, ALTENEW!!!
Stay safe everyone and happy crafting! 💜
Hi from Canada. Nenette, your cards are so different from each other, and all beautiful. The first design pops with boldness. Great inspiration, thank you!
Thanks so much, Cheryl!
Hi from Minnesota. Love all your tulip cards!
Thanks a lot!
Hello from Wisconsin! Your cards are beautiful! I love the embossing!
Thank you so much!
That yellow card is a winner. Just loved it. Hello, from Sacramento, California.Best wishes to Altenew for continued success. We love your projects and products.
Thanks so much!
Hi from Millstadt, IL.
The tulips are fantastic.
The always herald that spring is coming.
So glad to see them. thanks for sharing
Most welcome, Mary! <3
I love the 3D tulip embossing folders…your cards are stunning!
Thank you so much!
Hi from Utah. Your cards are amazing & you are very talented!
Hello from Portland, Oregon! I love your Here for You card. So pretty, but hard to choose since they are all lovely. Thank you for sharing your Altenew story also!
So happy you liked them, Margi! <3
Thank you so much, Vickie! <3
I love your bright color sense!
Thanks so much!
Howdy from Austin, Texas!! These are outstanding!!
Happy you liked them!
Hi from Seattle, Washington the Evergreen State. Your cards are fabulous! I especially like the bright floral colors such as the tulip and your first card. Magnificent!
Thank you so much, Jade!
Hi from Iowa – such amazing cards!
Thanks Nicki! <3
Happy anniversary, Altenew! Nette, your cards are always so beautifully made!
So sweet, Anj. Thanks so much! <3
Hi! Lala here from the Philippines! To choose just one from an array of awesome cards was so hard but eventually I was just gravitated towards the “You are Loved” card. The color palette used is not something I often use but now I realize it’s nice. And the tulips gave such a happy vibe that I couldn’t help but smile;) Thank you for inspiring us with these awesome cards Nette. Kudos to you and Altenew. Happy Anniversary:)
Hi Lala! Thanks so much for your kind words!
Thank you so much, Lala! <3
Hello from Upstate NY. Thank you for the step by step directions for your beautiful cards. So many fun techniques to try!
Most welcome, Geri!
Hi from Manila Philipinnes! Congratulations, Nennette for always making amazing cards! happy Anniversary to Altenew!
Thanks so much for dropping by, Charlene! <3
Hello from Illinois! Wow, what an amazing assortment of beautiful cards!! I love the sentiment on the first card.
Thank you so much, Daria! <3
Hi from California!
Gorgeous layering, textures and colors! Love your beautiful cards! The tulips embossing folder is gorgeous and on my wish list!
So happy to hear this, Denise! Thanks so much!
Hello from San Francisco Bay Area
Love, love, love your cards and colors
Hi, I’m from Bend Oregon. So stunning. Such a fun hop!
Hi from Illinois. Wow Nanette, I absolutely love each of your card designs. All are so unique and gorgeous!
Thank you so much, Kailash!!! <3 Thanks for dropping by!
Thank you, Kristina! <3
Thank you, Kathy! <3
Hi from Arizona! Beautiful cards!
Thank you so much for dropping by!
Hi from Kansas City, KS. Such beautiful cards!!
Thank you, Berina! <3
Hi from Vancouver, BC. I absolutely love your slimline courage card. The design and colours are just beautiful.
Hi from Cedar Hill, TN!! These are absolutely stunning!
Thanks so much, Melissa! <3
Hello from Wisconsin. Lovely cards!
Thank you, Rema!
Hi from Colorado! You made so many wonderful cards, but I think my favorites are the very first one and the colorful (yellow) tulips cards. Hope you get back to teaching those classes in person soon!
Hi Linda! Thank you so much!!! <3
Hi from Los Angeles. I love the tulip card too, it so good on dark background. Love it
Thanks so much, Gloria! <3
Hello, my friend, Nenette! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Just stunning! 💜 You know where I am, but still…warm hugs from San Antonio, Texas.
Hola, Mari!!! So happy you liked them all!!! Stay safe and warm regards!
Hi from St. Paul, MN! Wow, you have been busy! That’s not fair that you want us to pick favorites…too many to pick from! I do love the first 2 with the pink and orange colors, but all are fabulous!
So sweet, Jill! I’m happy to know that you liked them all! <3 Thanks for dropping by!
Hello from Nebraska. Glowing flowers!
Thank you, Judy! <3
Hi from Texas. So many beautiful cards. My favorites are all of the cards you made with the tulips.
Thank you so much, Sandra!
Hi from Mississippi (USA), Your cards are beautiful. I am drawn to your tulip cards as they are one of my favorite flowers.
Hi Roberta! I’m glad you liked them! <3
So many beautiful cards! Thanks for the step by step instructions.
You’re most welcome, Gigi! <3
I love how changing just the color on the leaf cards gives it a while new feel! Great way to mass produce!
Happy you like it, Karina! <3
Hi from Ohio. Wow so many cards, nice variations, very pretty.
Thanks so much, Valerie! <3
Hello from Ontario, Canada
All of your cards beautifully made. But I do have my favorite. The ones with layered cardstock for shadows.
I thought it was colored fun foam. Thank you for your time, effort and inspiration.
thank you for dropping by and for your kind words, Deborah! <3
Hi from Reno, NV! Thank you for showcasing this bright and cheerful card! Love the colors! Also, thank you for all of the detailed instructions ❤️
Nenette, hello from Tucson, Arizona! I know I’m going to love your cards before I even click open your blog. Your colors inspire me.
Hi from germany ! Love the “wind of change” card. What an uplifting sentiment and beautiful colouring.
Hi from Delaware. So many gorgeous cards I can’t pick a favorite! Love the tulips and also the set of cards. Great seeing what can be done with one stamp. Thanks for sharing.
Hello from Huntsville, Alabama! Absolutely gorgeous cards, so much inspiration here, I’ll be back!!
Howdy from NYC. Lovely card and that sentiment is spot on. Happy Anniversary Altenew.
Hi from WV. You inspire me to use more gold. I always love it on other people’s cards, but never think to use it on mine. Beautiful!
Hi from Arlington, VA! So many gorgeous card! I really love these, especially the courage card. I love how it’s really CAS, but a little mixed media with those watercolor scraps.
Hi from Germany! Nice cards, thanks for the inspiration.
Hi from sunny Florida. So glad to see seeral ideas using the 3d tulip embossing folder.
Hi from Wisconsin! Your flowers really pop on the backgrounds!
Hi, I’m from from Cape Cod, ‘living on the elbow’ Happy Anniversary, Altenew! Such beautiful and vibrant colors, they all POP! Your embossing looks amazing too! WOW!!!
Hi from Dublin, Ireland! WHOA, so many beautiful cards! I think the first one is my favourite (and that sentiment! Wonderful!), but all of them are fantastic inspiration, thank you!
The first is my favorite, but also a nice display of a variety of ways to use the embossing folder.
Hi From Amite, LA. Happy Anniversary AltEnew. Thanks for 7 years of amazing inspiration and products.
Hello from New Hampshire, USA – The use of embossing paste on the background and the 3-d embossing folder Tulip cards. Very talented and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your craft!
Hi from Lafayette, Indiana! I love all the dimension in these cards.
Hi from India !! I just loved your yellow tulip card !!