Hello everyone!!! Welcome to DAY 3 celebration of Altenew’s 7th Anniversary!!! I’m so excited to be a part of this celebration!!! Thank you so much, Kristina, for relaying you over to my blog. Make sure you drop by the Altenew blog for complete details of the hop.
An anniversary is a good way to look back at what you have done. And you have done so well, Altenew!!! Happy 7th!!! That’s 7 years of coming up with beautiful, innovative and creative products!!! In the early years, Altenew was known for its beautiful layered floral stamps. After 7 years, it has evolved into an all-around crafting company that offers different kinds of papers, embossing folders, inks, tools, stickers, watercolors, alcohol ink markers, tools, embossing powders etc. Congratulations to the leaders of Altenew–Tasnim Ahmed, Jennifer Rzasa, May Sukyong Park, Nicole Picadura, Lydia Evans, Nabil Rab, creative designers, educators, and all the other amazing crew involved in Altenew!!! This company is where it is today because of all of you. What an extraordinary journey it has been and I’m so honored to be a part of this celebration.
My Little Attic was the first online store to bring Altenew to the Philippines and I believe I became the first Altenew Educator in Asia. <3 Sharing Altenew goodness brings me so much joy. I miss giving workshops and interacting with all the Altenew fans here in Manila. 🙁 Hopefully, someday, we can go back to doing workshops together.
I made a couple of cards for this Anniversary hop using my new favorites from this year’s release. Let me know in the comment section which card is your favorite!
SOMETIMES IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE WE FIND OUR DIRECTION
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP, LEAF BED STENCIL, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, EMBOSSING PASTE, OCEAN WAVES ALCOHOL INK, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PIGMENTS PRUSSIAN BLUE, ORANGE, TURQUOISE, BURNT SIENNA AND LIGHT BROWN, GESSO, VERSAMARK INK, VELLUM, NARA PAPER, ALTENEW ALCHOL INKS- ALTENEW WATERCOLOR PAPER, FOAM SQUARES, TOMOBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the image of the Leaf Bed Stencil on Nara paper using the Embossing paste. Allow the paste to dry.
- Paint over the entire embossed surface using Ocean Waves alcohol ink. Allow to dry. Spray the surface with water and sprinkle the watercolor pigments. Tilt the Nara paper to allow colors to flow.
- For the flowers, prep the watercolor paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the floral images from the Sweet Flowers Stamp set using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color with liquid watercolor and Karin Pro Brush Markers.
- Stamp sentiment from the Block Sentiments stamp set on vellum using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares and glue.
HERE FOR YOU
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, DESERT NIGHT, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PAPER, GOLD CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
I went ahead and watercolored more of the stamped and embossed floral images from the Sweet Flowers stamp set and created a second card. I really love these floral images!
- Prep surface with an antistatic tool. Stamp floral images on watercolor paper using Versamark ink then emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Die-cut the floral images. Die-cut the sentiment 4 times and paint the last die cut with the leftover liquid watercolor. Adhere on top of each other and add gold cardstock at the back of the sentiment strip.
- Watercolor the background using Dusk Liquid watercolor.
- Arrange the flowers to cover the card front and adhere using foam squares.
- Glue the watercolored background to the gold card base making sure to leave a margin of gold on the right side for added contrast.
- Glue the sentiment.
I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE
Now for a CAS card, I made a slimline card using the beautiful Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. You don’t really need a lot of embellishments for this stamp set cause the image is already stunning on its own.
MATERIALS: TALL FOLIAGE STAMP AND DIE SET, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLORED SCRAP PAPERS, CARDSTOCKS, VERSAMARK INK, FOAM SQUARES, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Cut up scraps of watercolored paper into strips with different widths.
- Adhere to card front. Prep paper with antistatic tool then stamp the image using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose gold embossing powder.
- Die cut the image.
- Die cut 4 more images on purple cardstock then stack on top of each other.
- Adhere the stamped image on the stacked purple die cut leaving a shadow.
- Adhere the card front to the card base.
- Emboss the sentiment using Versamark Ink and Pure white embossing powder.
- Adhere using foam squares.
THANK YOU, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE, I ADMIRE YOUR KINDNESS, I LOVE YOU
Here is set of coordinating CAS cards that I created using the Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. I plan to create more so that I can make a gift set out of these cards.
MATERIALS: Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set, COSMIC GARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET A, WATERGARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET G, EVENING GREY DYE INK, OBSIDIAN PIGMENT INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, COLORED CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Using a Misti, stamp the image using Evening Grey dye ink on a 4.25″ x 5.5″ left folding card front and again on a sheet of Neenah Solar White CS with the same measurement.
- Trim the stamped sheet to measure 4″ x 5.25″ to create a nice margin all around. Color certain areas of the leaves using alcohol ink markers.
- Stamp the image again on Neenah Solar White Cardstock and color some areas of the leaves then die-cut the image. Die-cut a color-coordinated cardstock 4 times and adhere on top of each other. Glue the colored stamped image on top but make sure to leave a margin so that the colored cardstock will create a shadow effect.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Obsidian Pigment Ink and emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares.
For the next 3 cards, I used the beautiful Tulip 3D embossing folder. The 3D embossed images created with this embossing folder is stunning!!!
SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS CITRUS BURST, FRESH LEMON, WARM SUNSHINE, AUTUMN BLAZE, LIMEADE, SWEET LEAF, DESSERT NIGHT, VERSAMARK INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, CRAFT CARDSTOCK, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the Neenah solar white cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Liquid watercolor brush markers to color the flowers, leaves, stems and background.
- Prep the orange cardstock with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink and emboss using clear embossing powder for a watermark effect.
- Assemble card using foam squares and glue.
The next card was the quickest to create.
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, HANDWRITTEN HELLO DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, VERSMARK INK TEAL CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES
- Emboss the teal cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Versamark Ink pad and brush across the embossed parts of the flowers and leaves. For the smaller areas, use an embossing pen.
- Emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Attach to the card front using foam squares.
For my last card, I used a number of Altenew products that all worked well together.
YOU ARE LOVED
MATERIALS: TULIPS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, LAYERED SNOWFLAKE STARS COVER DIE A, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, A LOVE FOR STRIPES SET C, CARDSTOCK, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE, DYE INKS – WISTERIA, HYDRANGEA, ROUGE, SUNKISSED, ORANGE CREAM, TURQUOISE, EXACTO KNIFE, CUTTING PAD, VERSAMARK INK, ANTISTATIC TOOL, INK DAUBER
- Emboss the Neenah Solar White cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Using a distress tool and an ink dauber, color the embossed images using dye inks.
- Carefully cut out the images using an Exacto knife and a cutting pad.
- Prep the striped paper then stamp and emboss the sentiment using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Use the Layered Snowflake Stars cover die A to die cut a light blue cardstock.
- Layer on top of a left folding cardfront.
- Adhere the cutout tulips and insert the stamped sentiment under it.
Hope you liked the cards I created for this hop. I’ve linked all the Altenew products in the materials section (just click the highlighted product) so that you can easily purchase them. These are not compensated affiliate links. I just want to make it easier for you to get the products I used on my cards. ❤️
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
Again, thank you so much for dropping by! Next up is the uber-talented Norine Borys. Make sure you visit all the other blogs for more inspiration and don’t forget to leave comments for a greater chance of winning fabulous prizes!!! If you want to stay updated with my latest creations, do follow me on IG @mylittleatticstudio. HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY, ALTENEW!!!
Stay safe everyone and happy crafting! 💜
Hi from Oklahoma. I love the tulip cards and the different techniques you used to make them. Thanks for the ideas.
Hello from Brisbane, Australia. Oh My Goodness!! Nenette, your ‘ I admire your courage’ card using the Tall Foilage Stamp and Die set is absolutely beautiful! It takes me to the ocean side the way you used those water colour scraps and those colours. Using purple cardstock to stack up the die cut is brilliant. I think I might just have to get that set for myself. I’m so glad you shared this card 💛
Hi Amy! Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. Truly appreciate your kind words!!! <3 Warm regards!
I am in love with the dark blue with the red on the second card. So striking!!! They are all so gorgeous though and very well done!!! I love all the details and the gold embossing!
Hi from Wisconsin! I love your cards.
Hi from California. Happy Anniversary, Altenew!
Your cards are gorgeous! I can’t pick a favorite!
Your cards are beautiful!
Hello from Denver, CO…thank you so much for sharing your incredible collection of ideas
Wow! So many amazing cards with so many different techniques! I love them ALL!
Hi from Sacramento, CA. Your cards are outstanding! So unique and I love all the techniques. My personal favorite is the “So Grateful to Have You As a Friend” card as the colors are just amazing. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
Such pretty cards! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi from Australia! Stunning creations and your decorated notebook looks gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration! Take care! 🙂
Hello from New Hampshire! Happy Anniversary to Altenew! Gorgeous cards! Love the bright colors and great textures! The gold heat embossing looks awesome! Thank you for the inspirations!
Hello from Idaho – and Happy Anniversary Altenew! Oh my goodness, your tulip embossing folder cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful ideas.
Hello from San Diego. I really liked all your cards but especially the tulip ones ❤️
Hi from Kansas! So many beautiful cards
Hi from Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California. Lovely creations all of them.
Great project shares. I really love the color use and design ideas. Still wishing for an academy class for style tips.
Hi from Bangladesh, all your cards are really pretty, I specially love ” I admire your courage” slimline card, it’s very soothing and beautiful!
Amazing cards!! I love the layered leaves cards!!
Hello from Germany! What a treat – so much eye candy. I absolutely love the slimline card with the delicate watercolor strips. Beautiful design. And your second tulip card design is wonderfully refreshing too.
Hello from Michigan, USA! Wow, love your cards, such beauty and texture!!!!!!!!
Oh my, these are gorgeous! I love the ones that you did with the tall stem of leaves. The CAS card is stunning. I also really like the ones with the tulips. You’ve done a fantastic job.
Hi from Beaver, UT! Congratulations to Altenew on their 7th anniversary! Your cards are all beautiful, but the first is my favorite! The red against the blue is just striking! Thanks for sharing!
Hi from Ohio! I absolutely love all your designs Nenette, but the ones with the navy blue and orange/yellow color combos are my favorite. Thanks for the inspiration!
Beautiful cards with the bright colors are delightful.
Hi from the UK 🙂
Wow! What an amazing and inspiring collection of makes!
Thank you for the inspiration.
Hi from Boston! Wow you’ve really showed off the Altenew products so well! There are so many products I’ve missed seeing that I must have now after seeing your beautiful cards!
Hi from Lititz, PA! Glad you have joined in with the Altenew Anniversary celebration! Your cards are beautiful! Love the way you used embossing, and your use of bold colors in your florals and backgrounds. And those yellow tulips melted my heart. Thanks for inspiring us today!
Hi from Michigan! HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY ALTENEW! To be the first must have been amazing and scary too. The workshops will be back and we will be stronger. These are beautiful. I love the look of embossing powder with watercoloring. A fun looking back.
Love the colors! Very inspiring and uplifting.
Hello from New York.
OK, Nanette, you made it far, far too hard for me to pick just one card as a favorite. You have wonderful talent. It would be a thrill to receive any of your cards. Thanks for your participation in this hop.
Hi from Vienna, Austria. Totally love your cards. I’m hoping to CASE them some time.
Hi there from the Hill Country in Texas! WOW – love all of the cards – give me so many ideas 🙂
Hi from Riverside, CT! Your cards are beautifully done, thanks for the inspiration!
Hi from Slovenia. Amazing cards. Love them all!
Hello from San Francisco, California. Happy 7th Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your art. It was hard for me to pick which one I liked best. If I had to chose it would be the first card.
Thank you so much, Judi!
A big WOW from Maryland! Every time I thought I’d found my favorite card there would be another beautiful card right behind it. In the end I realized I couldn’t pick a favorite. Thanks for all the great inspiration!
Oh Michele! You just made my day!!! Thank you so much for your kind words!!!