Hello everyone!!! Welcome to DAY 3 celebration of Altenew’s 7th Anniversary!!! I’m so excited to be a part of this celebration!!! Thank you so much, Kristina, for relaying you over to my blog. Make sure you drop by the Altenew blog for complete details of the hop.
An anniversary is a good way to look back at what you have done. And you have done so well, Altenew!!! Happy 7th!!! That’s 7 years of coming up with beautiful, innovative and creative products!!! In the early years, Altenew was known for its beautiful layered floral stamps. After 7 years, it has evolved into an all-around crafting company that offers different kinds of papers, embossing folders, inks, tools, stickers, watercolors, alcohol ink markers, tools, embossing powders etc. Congratulations to the leaders of Altenew–Tasnim Ahmed, Jennifer Rzasa, May Sukyong Park, Nicole Picadura, Lydia Evans, Nabil Rab, creative designers, educators, and all the other amazing crew involved in Altenew!!! This company is where it is today because of all of you. What an extraordinary journey it has been and I’m so honored to be a part of this celebration.
My Little Attic was the first online store to bring Altenew to the Philippines and I believe I became the first Altenew Educator in Asia. <3 Sharing Altenew goodness brings me so much joy. I miss giving workshops and interacting with all the Altenew fans here in Manila. 🙁 Hopefully, someday, we can go back to doing workshops together.
I made a couple of cards for this Anniversary hop using my new favorites from this year’s release. Let me know in the comment section which card is your favorite!
SOMETIMES IN THE WINDS OF CHANGE WE FIND OUR DIRECTION
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP, LEAF BED STENCIL, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, EMBOSSING PASTE, OCEAN WAVES ALCOHOL INK, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PIGMENTS PRUSSIAN BLUE, ORANGE, TURQUOISE, BURNT SIENNA AND LIGHT BROWN, GESSO, VERSAMARK INK, VELLUM, NARA PAPER, ALTENEW ALCHOL INKS- ALTENEW WATERCOLOR PAPER, FOAM SQUARES, TOMOBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the image of the Leaf Bed Stencil on Nara paper using the Embossing paste. Allow the paste to dry.
- Paint over the entire embossed surface using Ocean Waves alcohol ink. Allow to dry. Spray the surface with water and sprinkle the watercolor pigments. Tilt the Nara paper to allow colors to flow.
- For the flowers, prep the watercolor paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the floral images from the Sweet Flowers Stamp set using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color with liquid watercolor and Karin Pro Brush Markers.
- Stamp sentiment from the Block Sentiments stamp set on vellum using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold Embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares and glue.
HERE FOR YOU
MATERIALS: SWEET FLOWERS STAMP AND DIE SET, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, LIQUID WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS ROUGE, ORANGE CREAM, RUBELITTE, DESERT NIGHT, SWEET LEAF, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, KARIN PRO BRUSH MARKERS- ROSE PINK AND CERISE, WATERCOLOR PAPER, GOLD CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
I went ahead and watercolored more of the stamped and embossed floral images from the Sweet Flowers stamp set and created a second card. I really love these floral images!
- Prep surface with an antistatic tool. Stamp floral images on watercolor paper using Versamark ink then emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Die-cut the floral images. Die-cut the sentiment 4 times and paint the last die cut with the leftover liquid watercolor. Adhere on top of each other and add gold cardstock at the back of the sentiment strip.
- Watercolor the background using Dusk Liquid watercolor.
- Arrange the flowers to cover the card front and adhere using foam squares.
- Glue the watercolored background to the gold card base making sure to leave a margin of gold on the right side for added contrast.
- Glue the sentiment.
I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE
Now for a CAS card, I made a slimline card using the beautiful Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. You don’t really need a lot of embellishments for this stamp set cause the image is already stunning on its own.
MATERIALS: TALL FOLIAGE STAMP AND DIE SET, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLORED SCRAP PAPERS, CARDSTOCKS, VERSAMARK INK, FOAM SQUARES, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Cut up scraps of watercolored paper into strips with different widths.
- Adhere to card front. Prep paper with antistatic tool then stamp the image using Versamark ink and emboss with Rose gold embossing powder.
- Die cut the image.
- Die cut 4 more images on purple cardstock then stack on top of each other.
- Adhere the stamped image on the stacked purple die cut leaving a shadow.
- Adhere the card front to the card base.
- Emboss the sentiment using Versamark Ink and Pure white embossing powder.
- Adhere using foam squares.
THANK YOU, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE, I ADMIRE YOUR KINDNESS, I LOVE YOU
Here is set of coordinating CAS cards that I created using the Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set. I plan to create more so that I can make a gift set out of these cards.
MATERIALS: Tall Foliage Stamp and Die Set, COSMIC GARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET A, WATERGARDEN ALCOHOL INK MARKERS SET G, EVENING GREY DYE INK, OBSIDIAN PIGMENT INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, COLORED CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES, TOMBOW MONO MULTI LIQUID GLUE, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Using a Misti, stamp the image using Evening Grey dye ink on a 4.25″ x 5.5″ left folding card front and again on a sheet of Neenah Solar White CS with the same measurement.
- Trim the stamped sheet to measure 4″ x 5.25″ to create a nice margin all around. Color certain areas of the leaves using alcohol ink markers.
- Stamp the image again on Neenah Solar White Cardstock and color some areas of the leaves then die-cut the image. Die-cut a color-coordinated cardstock 4 times and adhere on top of each other. Glue the colored stamped image on top but make sure to leave a margin so that the colored cardstock will create a shadow effect.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Obsidian Pigment Ink and emboss using clear embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares.
For the next 3 cards, I used the beautiful Tulip 3D embossing folder. The 3D embossed images created with this embossing folder is stunning!!!
SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE YOU AS A FRIEND
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS CITRUS BURST, FRESH LEMON, WARM SUNSHINE, AUTUMN BLAZE, LIMEADE, SWEET LEAF, DESSERT NIGHT, VERSAMARK INK, CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE CARDSTOCK, CRAFT CARDSTOCK, ANTISTATIC TOOL
- Emboss the Neenah solar white cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Liquid watercolor brush markers to color the flowers, leaves, stems and background.
- Prep the orange cardstock with antistatic tool. Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink and emboss using clear embossing powder for a watermark effect.
- Assemble card using foam squares and glue.
The next card was the quickest to create.
MATERIALS: TULIP 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, HANDWRITTEN HELLO DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, VERSMARK INK TEAL CARDSTOCK, FOAM SQUARES
- Emboss the teal cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Use the Versamark Ink pad and brush across the embossed parts of the flowers and leaves. For the smaller areas, use an embossing pen.
- Emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Attach to the card front using foam squares.
For my last card, I used a number of Altenew products that all worked well together.
YOU ARE LOVED
MATERIALS: TULIPS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, LAYERED SNOWFLAKE STARS COVER DIE A, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, A LOVE FOR STRIPES SET C, CARDSTOCK, NEENAH SOLAR WHITE, DYE INKS – WISTERIA, HYDRANGEA, ROUGE, SUNKISSED, ORANGE CREAM, TURQUOISE, EXACTO KNIFE, CUTTING PAD, VERSAMARK INK, ANTISTATIC TOOL, INK DAUBER
- Emboss the Neenah Solar White cardstock using the Tulip 3D embossing folder.
- Using a distress tool and an ink dauber, color the embossed images using dye inks.
- Carefully cut out the images using an Exacto knife and a cutting pad.
- Prep the striped paper then stamp and emboss the sentiment using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Use the Layered Snowflake Stars cover die A to die cut a light blue cardstock.
- Layer on top of a left folding cardfront.
- Adhere the cutout tulips and insert the stamped sentiment under it.
Hope you liked the cards I created for this hop. I’ve linked all the Altenew products in the materials section (just click the highlighted product) so that you can easily purchase them. These are not compensated affiliate links. I just want to make it easier for you to get the products I used on my cards. ❤️
Over $1,400 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $70 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy class to 15 lucky winners. There are also 19 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 $70 Altenew gift certificates
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: $100 Altenew gift certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $100 gift certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $100 gift certificate
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: $100 gift certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 gift certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $75 gift certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 online class spots
- Altenew Academy: 15 online class spots
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 gift certificate
- Concord & 9th: $50 gift certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 gift certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 gift certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 gift certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 gift certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 gift certificate
- Waffle Flower: 1 prize bundle valued at $32
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 gift certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 gift certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: 1 copy of Scrapbook & Cards Today Spring 2021 issue
Be sure to leave comments by 4/18/2021 for a chance to win one of 41 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 41 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/24/2021.
Again, thank you so much for dropping by! Next up is the uber-talented Norine Borys. Make sure you visit all the other blogs for more inspiration and don’t forget to leave comments for a greater chance of winning fabulous prizes!!! If you want to stay updated with my latest creations, do follow me on IG @mylittleatticstudio. HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY, ALTENEW!!!
Stay safe everyone and happy crafting! 💜
All of your cards are stunning!
Thank you for giving a description of your creative process, and for sharing your talent!
Hi from Pennsylvania, thanks for sharing some wonderful background, coloring and layering ideas. They are beautiful! Happy Anniversary Altenew!
Hi from Wilkes Barre, PA, USA. Love the cards.Thanks for sharing.
Hi, From Chicago! I LOVE the vivid colors! These are amazing!
Hi from India! Love the bold colors. Thanks for sharing!
Hi from Pittsburgh, PA. You make the flowers come to life!
Hi from NH, Lovely cards!
Hi from Philippines! All your cards are stunning Nenette! You are truly an inspiration to me and thank you for being an amazing person.
Hello from Matthews, North Carolina! Your cards are very inspiring, thank you for sharing your creativity!!
Hello from Delaware. So many gorgeous cards. Thanks for sharing
Hi From Wisconsin
Love your inspirational cards; the sentiments are awesome – thanks for sharing
Hi from Illinois. I just adore the embossing folders from Altenew. Great to see different ways to use them!
Hello from Virginia! Your cards start off fabulous and as you go down the page they are all fabulous!
Hi from Michigan! Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. The yellow tulips are so life-like.
Hello from Waverly Georgia USA. Your cards are incredibly beautiful!! I love that you gave us such great instructions to create a fabulous card like these. Thank you for inspiring us!!
Hi! From Dallas Texas! Very beautiful and uplifting cards!
Hi from Wilmington, DE! What an amazing array of beautiful cards!
Hi from Wilmington, NC! I love that tulip embossing folder, the cards are beautiful!
Hello from Wisconsin! I love your tulip cards!
Hi from Texas, I love all of your cards!
Greetings from the Lilac Capital, Rochester, NY, USA!! I’m always so inspired by the wonderful projects that you share!! You make it all looks so easy when I know that a lot of time, thought, and love go into each one!!
So many great ideas and beautiful cards!
Hello there from South Florida. Your “Sweet Flowers” cards have amazing color, and that sentiment is just Wow.
Hello from Texas. Stunning collection of glorious florals!
Hello from Washington state. I LOVE each and every one of your cards. The sweet flower stamp set is amazing and your cards with these flowers are incredible. I love the colors of the background and the flowers. And what you have done with the tulip embossing folder is so creative and beautiful! So much inspiration.
Hi from Potsdam (Germany) 😊 love those vibrant colors and the dimension of the cards
Hello from Northern Kentucky!! WOW, WOW, WOW!! What an amazing and stunning collection of cards you have created…so talented!!
Hello from Indiana! Your cards are so gorgeous! The colors are so bright and happy and the embossing is a pretty touch.
Hi from Illinois!!! Wow!!! Your cards are all soooo Gorgeous!!! LOVE the Tulip cards!!!
Gorgeous cards! Your coloring is amazing!
Hello from Bowie, MD. I love what you’ve done with the Tulip Folder. So going to try this!
Hello from BC Canada 🙂 Your cards are just stunning! That slimline card though!! I never thought to use coloured cardstock underneath the die cut but it looks amazing. Thank you for all the inspiration!
Hi from Orange County,CA. Those are some cool, gorgeous, bright colors. NICE change.
Hi from Florida! Your coloring is so pretty and the card came out gorgeous! Love to learn to do it!
Hi from New Jersey, love those colorful cards!
Hi from Delaware, USA! Nenette, your cards are all so gorgeous, every one of them. Thank you for sharing how you did them.
Hello from Georgia. Your cards are so lovely.
Hi from Indiana. All of your cards are so pretty. I especially love the CAS set.
Hi from Canada. So many cards and love that you lay out your steps of creation! Thank you!
Hello from Cincinnati! My mind is blown! So many stunning examples! Thanks for sharing all the process info.
Hi from the Texas Gulf coast. All gorgeous cards, but I love the last one “You Are Loved” – so gorgeous, with the die cut panel behind the tulips. So pretty. Thank you for sharing.
Hi from northwest Alabama! So many beautiful cards today! Each is so different and varied!
Hello, from Pennsylvania. Nenette, I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your cards! Each one is so different from the next and you were kind enough to share your design steps. I think my fav is the leaves!
Hi I’m from Alberta Canada…such pretty cards…
Hi, I’m from sunny Florida. Your choice of colors and design are stunning. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Hi from Kentucky. Love the beautiful blending on these cards. Thanks for sharing.
Hello from Virginia!
What a beautiful line-up of inspiration! I think that first card is my favorite with it’s vibrant colors!
Hi from Michigan! Simply darling cards! Congrats Altenew!!
Hey from Jacksonville Beach. Your cards are lovely. Altenew has always had the best florals. Happy 7th.
Hi from Minnesota. Oh what a fabulous collection of cards! Creative designs and wonderful mix of bold and vibrant and soft and elegant.
Thank you, Dana! <3
Greetings from Michigan. . . love your bold and vibrant creations.
Thank you, Marcia!
Hi from Houston. Absolutely gorgeous cards! I love flowers and my favorite color is yellow, both of which you show cased in your projects and they are Oh So Gorgeous! Happy Altenew 7th Anniversary!
Happy you liked them, Terry!
Hi from Canada. Beautiful works. Amazing color choices.
Thank you so much!