Hello, my dear friends!!! Welcome to day 4 of the Altenew’s 5-day anniversary blog hop!!! Thank you, Vicky Papaioannou, for sending everybody over. For the complete details, make sure you drop by the Altenew blog.
What an incredible journey it has been. Altenew has continued to be an arts and crafts company that can boast of fresh, unique, and innovative paper crafting product designs that keep our creative juices flowing!!!
I want to thank Altenew for helping me grow as an artist and for helping me get through the last 2 1/2 years under the pandemic. Keeping my hands busy through these challenging times has given me a sense of calm, peace, and purpose. During the first couple of months, I invited some friends to create cards for the frontliners to let them know how grateful we were for their valiant effort to save lives, even if their own lives were put at risk. Unexpected cards with personal notes written inside have put a smile on the faces of these unsung heroes.
My Little Attic is so proud to be an Altenew partner, and being an Altenew Educator has helped me reach out to other paper crafters in the Philippines. This year, I started a monthly workshop for free featuring two of Altenew’s latest releases, and it’s lovely to see more and more new faces every time one of my design team members and I give a class. Hopefully, this will help spread our love for Altenew to other crafty people new to this form of art. Through the years, I have been challenged to create cards using different coloring mediums, and every time I see a new product, my mind goes into overdrive–thinking of the different ways to use the beautiful products! So THANK YOU, Altenew, for igniting my creativity in so many ways!!!
Below are some cards I made for this hop.
WILL IT BE EASY? NOPE. WILL IT BE WORTH IT? DEFINITELY.
- Emboss cardstock using the Monstera 3D embossing folder.
- Color parts with Distress Crayons
- Add water and use fingers to wet and blend color.
- Add embossing ink using a dabber and emboss with Distress glaze Salvaged Patina.
- Do the same process with the Just Leaves diecuts.
- Stamp sentiment from the Block Sentiments Stamp set on vellum using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Add a white panel and assemble the card.
TIP: Mist the front and back of the cardstock with water before embossing to break down the paper fibers and allow the image to emboss better.
You should know how much I love using mixed media on my cards if you have been following me. The outcome is always so unexpected and unique.
I’M HERE FOR YOU
- Stamp image from the Statement Flowers Stamp set and add botanical line details using the 0.1 Fine Liner Pen.
- Die cut the image using the coordinating die.
- Die cut a circle to create a window on the card front.
- Emboss the front cover using the Areca Palm 3D embossing folder.
- Add gold paint on the embossed areas.
- Assemble card with adhesive and foam squares.
I have recently learned to create botanical line art and realized that I could use a lot of my Altenew stamps to do this! Just choose outline stamps with big openings to have more room to place your botanical line art.
HELLO I’M ONLY A TEXT AWAY
- Color the petals and stems using with Mixed Media Pigment inks and the Folk Flowers stencil with blending brushes .
- Add a 2nd layer of Arctic to the base of the leaves using the detailed blending brush. Blend.
- Use the other layers of the stencils to color the rest of the flowers.
- Loosely trace the images and add veins to the leaves using a mechanical pencil.
- Die cut the colored card front using the Fancy Hello die. Die cut 4 more using plain cardstock and adhere on top of each other with adhesive.
- Color the edges of an A2 top folding card using the Sapphire Mixed Media Pigment Ink.
- Inlay the hello sentiment and stamp and emboss another sentiment using Pure White embossing powder
- Assemble the card.
I learned the outline pencil technique from an amazing watercolorist, Danielle Donaldson. The wonderful thing about this is that you don’t need to worry about outlining the images perfectly. The crooked lines make the images look more interesting.
No matching cardstock? No worries! Create your coordinating cardstock by swiping the ink pad on the edges of the card front to create the perfect match for your colored image.
FREE GIFT OFFER
Receive Free Detailed Blending Brushes ($11.99 value) on orders over $89 from 04/07/2022 at 12:01 am EDT until 04/10/2022 at 11:59 pm EDT or while supplies last. The free gift will be added to the cart automatically.
Shop here -> https://altenew.com/collections/all-altenew-products (Sale up to 45% off HERE and NEW releases HERE)
Over $2,000 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away an $80 Gift Certificate to 5 lucky winners and one Altenew Academy Online Class($8.95 value) to 15 lucky winners. There are also 26 awesome companies/crafty friends who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Altenew: 5 x $80 Altenew Gift Certificate
- Altenew Academy: 15 x Online Monthly Class Spot
- Jennifer McGuire Ink: Share Handmade Kindness Goodie Bag
- A Cherry on Top: $50 Gift Certificate
- Auzz Trinklets N Krafts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Avery Elle: $50 Gift Certificate
- Bumbleberry Papercrafts: £25 Gift Certificate
- Butterfly Reflections Ink: $25 Gift Certificate
- CiLi in Papers: €75 Gift Certificate
- Concord & 9th: 1 $50 Gift Certificate & 1 Eclectic Garden Bundle ($38 Value)
- Craft Stash: $100 Gift Certificate
- Dare 2B Artzy: $30 Gift Certificate
- Ellen Hutson LLC: $25 Gift Certificate
- Gina K. Designs: $50 Gift Certificate
- Hero Arts: $50 Gift Certificate
- Lawn Fawn: $25 Gift Certificate
- MarkerPop: 4 x $40 Gift Certificate
- Michelle’s Cards & Stamps: AUD$100 Gift Certificate
- My Little Attic: $50 Gift Certificate
- My Sweet Petunia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Online Card Classes: 3 Online Class Spots to 1 Winner
- Pink and Main: $50 Gift Certificate
- Pinkfresh Studio: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook & Cards Today: $50 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook.com: $50 certificate
- Simon Says Stamp: $50 Gift Certificate
- Studio Katia: $50 Gift Certificate
- Waffle Flower: $25 Gift Certificate
- Be sure to leave comments by 4/15/2022 for a chance to win one of 50 prizes! To make the hop more exciting, start your comment with “Hi from (city or country where you’re from)!” 50 winners will be chosen at random from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and will be announced on the Altenew Card Blog on 4/21/2022.
Thank you so much for all the love and loyalty you give to My Little Attic. I hope to continue to spread my love for Altenew with all of you in the years to come. Don’t forget the free monthly workshop I will be giving with one of my DT members. It is scheduled every last Saturday of the month. Save the date! Details are posted on the Facebook page– My Little Attic Studio— so please follow and join the growing community of paper crafters/cardmakers there.
NEXT UP: Laurie Willison. Tons of prizes await, so make sure to hop along and leave a comment below to get a chance to win! Again, Happy Anniversary, Altenew!!! Thanks for continuing to be a source of inspiration to so many crafters. Wishing you and the entire Altenew family all the best in the years ahead!
BLOG HOP ORDER
My Little Attic <–YOU ARE HERE
Reiko Tsuchida ***Note: Due to strict regulations in Japan, you might not be able to leave a comment on her blog post.