Hello friends! Welcome to Altenew’s Educators “Favorite Old/New Altenew Stamp blog hop! If you just came from Vicki Finger’s blog, then you’re on the right track. We were assigned to choose a favorite stamp set from our old or new stash and highlight it in this post. I decided to create from an old AND a new stamp. It wasn’t easy to pick a favorite… I have too many!!! Anyway, for the old stamp set, I chose one of my all-time favorites– the Persian Motifs Stamp and die set.
I have always loved the vintage Indian woodblock designs and this stamp set reminds me of that. I created two cards using the Persian Motifs stamp and die set.
MATERIALS: PERSIAN MOTIFS STAMP AND DIE , BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP AND DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS- MANGO SMOOTHIE, ORANGE CREAM, YELLOW OCHRE, LAGOON, EMERALD, WATERCOLOR PAPER, VERSARMARK INK, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, METALLIC WATERCOLOR PAN SET, CARDSTOCKS, foam squares
Now, more than ever, we should remind ourselves, daily, to be kind to one another. Sadly, there is so much hatred and injustice around the world. I’ve been listening to a podcast by Fr. Mike Schmitz and this message struck me. We have to remember that we are all part of one world and that it’s not a battle between race or ethnicities. Even in the midst of all the brokenness, we can still find peace and be united if we just BE KIND to one another.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool and stamp images on watercolor paper with Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color images using watercolor brush markers.
- Add metallic details using the metallic watercolor pan set.
- Arrange the images temporarily on purple cardstock. Mark with pencil the edges of the flowers.
- Arrange the dies for partial die cutting to remove the lower part of the purple cardstock.
- Add embossed gold edges to the lower part of the card front using Versamark ink and Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Add foam sheet to the back of the purple cardstock and foam squares to the floral images for added dimension.
- Emboss the sentiment with Rose Gold embossing powder then die cut.
- Assemble the card.
More often than not, I usually stamp, emboss and watercolor more than what I need. Since I had extras, I decided to create a second CAS card using the same stamp set.
DO STUFF THAT MATTERS
MATERIALS: PERSIAN MOTIFS STAMP AND DIE, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP SET, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS- MANGO SMOOTHIE, ORANGE CREAM, YELLOW OCHRE, LAGOON, EMERALD, WATERCOLOR PAPER, VERSARMARK INK, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, METALLIC WATERCOLOR PAN SET, DIAMOND STARS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, CARDSTOCKS, foam squares, Versamark ink
- Prep the paper with the antistatic tool then stamp and emboss the images from the Persian Motifs Stamp.
- Add more details using the Metallic Watercolor pan set.
- Emboss white cardstock using the Diamond Stars embossing folder.
- Add Versamark Ink to the embossed parts and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Hello Hydrangea stamp set with Versamark ink and emboss with Pure White embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares for added dimension.
For the new stamp, I chose two of my favorites– the Courageous You Stamp set which was released sometime in July 2020. I love the huge image that can cover the whole card front! Another favorite of mine is the Essential Sentiment Strips die– the easiest way to add a dimensional sentiment to your card. <3
MATERIALS: COURAGEOUS YOU STAMP AND DIE SET, STACKED DIAMONDS COVER DIE, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS, WATERCOLOR PAPER, WHITE GOUACHE PAINT, VERSAMARK INK
- Stamp the image onto watercolor paper using very light dye ink. (I used a Misti and didn’t move the watercolor paper after stamping.)
- Loosely paint over the entire flowers going over the outlines using Turquoise, Ultraviolet, Midnight violet, Sea Breeze and Ultramarine for the flowers and Emerald, Sweet Leaf and Moss for the leaves.
- After the watercolor dries, add spatters of water and allow to sit for 10 seconds. Dry with a paper towel to remove some ink to create texture.
- When the image is dry, prep the paper with the antistatic tool then re-stamp again the outline image with Versamark Ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder. (Remember, I left the image inside the Misti so that I can restamp again.)
- Die-cut the image as well as the Stacked Diamonds cover die.
- Die-cut the sentiment die 4 times and watercolor the 1st layer using the leftover inks.
- Add white cardstock to the back of the sentiment strip die cut.
- Adhere the cover die onto the card front and attach the flowers and sentiment with foam squares.
- Add white gouache splatters.
- Add the sentiment strip die cut using foam squares.
Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog by 4/4/2021 for a chance to win.
Altenew will also draw a winner to receive a $15 Altenew gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew Winners Page on 4/6/2021.
There’s MORE! What’s a hop without YOU?! We have included an Inlinkz at the Altenew blog for you to enter your gorgeous Altenew “Old/New Favorite Altenew Stamp” creations. Altenew will pick 2 of our favorite handmade creations from those who joined the linky party and they will each receive a $15 Altenew gift certificate!
Nenette S. Madero <– YOU ARE HERE
Next up is the amazing Teri Wilson. Hope you liked the cards I made using old and new stamp and die sets. I’m sure you have your own favorite Altenew stamps as well. I’d love to know which one is yours! Leave a comment below to get a chance to win some fabulous prizes from Altenew. Hope we can be friends on IG as well (@mylittleatticstudio). This is where I post my latest creations, too. Thank you so much for dropping by and stay safe always. Happy crafting!!