Hello friends! Welcome to Altenew’s Educators “Favorite Old/New Altenew Stamp blog hop! If you just came from Vicki Finger’s blog, then you’re on the right track. We were assigned to choose a favorite stamp set from our old or new stash and highlight it in this post. I decided to create from an old AND a new stamp. It wasn’t easy to pick a favorite… I have too many!!! Anyway, for the old stamp set, I chose one of my all-time favorites– the Persian Motifs Stamp and die set.
I have always loved the vintage Indian woodblock designs and this stamp set reminds me of that. I created two cards using the Persian Motifs stamp and die set.
MATERIALS: PERSIAN MOTIFS STAMP AND DIE , BLOCK SENTIMENTS STAMP AND DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS- MANGO SMOOTHIE, ORANGE CREAM, YELLOW OCHRE, LAGOON, EMERALD, WATERCOLOR PAPER, VERSARMARK INK, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, METALLIC WATERCOLOR PAN SET, CARDSTOCKS, foam squares
Now, more than ever, we should remind ourselves, daily, to be kind to one another. Sadly, there is so much hatred and injustice around the world. I’ve been listening to a podcast by Fr. Mike Schmitz and this message struck me. We have to remember that we are all part of one world and that it’s not a battle between race or ethnicities. Even in the midst of all the brokenness, we can still find peace and be united if we just BE KIND to one another.
- Prep the paper with antistatic tool and stamp images on watercolor paper with Versamark ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Color images using watercolor brush markers.
- Add metallic details using the metallic watercolor pan set.
- Arrange the images temporarily on purple cardstock. Mark with pencil the edges of the flowers.
- Arrange the dies for partial die cutting to remove the lower part of the purple cardstock.
- Add embossed gold edges to the lower part of the card front using Versamark ink and Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Add foam sheet to the back of the purple cardstock and foam squares to the floral images for added dimension.
- Emboss the sentiment with Rose Gold embossing powder then die cut.
- Assemble the card.
More often than not, I usually stamp, emboss and watercolor more than what I need. Since I had extras, I decided to create a second CAS card using the same stamp set.
DO STUFF THAT MATTERS
MATERIALS: PERSIAN MOTIFS STAMP AND DIE, HELLO HYDRANGEA STAMP SET, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS- MANGO SMOOTHIE, ORANGE CREAM, YELLOW OCHRE, LAGOON, EMERALD, WATERCOLOR PAPER, VERSARMARK INK, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, PURE WHITE EMBOSSING POWDER, METALLIC WATERCOLOR PAN SET, DIAMOND STARS 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, CARDSTOCKS, foam squares, Versamark ink
- Prep the paper with the antistatic tool then stamp and emboss the images from the Persian Motifs Stamp.
- Add more details using the Metallic Watercolor pan set.
- Emboss white cardstock using the Diamond Stars embossing folder.
- Add Versamark Ink to the embossed parts and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Hello Hydrangea stamp set with Versamark ink and emboss with Pure White embossing powder.
- Assemble the card using foam squares for added dimension.
For the new stamp, I chose two of my favorites– the Courageous You Stamp set which was released sometime in July 2020. I love the huge image that can cover the whole card front! Another favorite of mine is the Essential Sentiment Strips die– the easiest way to add a dimensional sentiment to your card. <3
MATERIALS: COURAGEOUS YOU STAMP AND DIE SET, STACKED DIAMONDS COVER DIE, ESSENTIAL SENTIMENT STRIPS DIE, ROSE GOLD EMBOSSING POWDER, WATERCOLOR BRUSH MARKERS, WATERCOLOR PAPER, WHITE GOUACHE PAINT, VERSAMARK INK
- Stamp the image onto watercolor paper using very light dye ink. (I used a Misti and didn’t move the watercolor paper after stamping.)
- Loosely paint over the entire flowers going over the outlines using Turquoise, Ultraviolet, Midnight violet, Sea Breeze and Ultramarine for the flowers and Emerald, Sweet Leaf and Moss for the leaves.
- After the watercolor dries, add spatters of water and allow to sit for 10 seconds. Dry with a paper towel to remove some ink to create texture.
- When the image is dry, prep the paper with the antistatic tool then re-stamp again the outline image with Versamark Ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder. (Remember, I left the image inside the Misti so that I can restamp again.)
- Die-cut the image as well as the Stacked Diamonds cover die.
- Die-cut the sentiment die 4 times and watercolor the 1st layer using the leftover inks.
- Add white cardstock to the back of the sentiment strip die cut.
- Adhere the cover die onto the card front and attach the flowers and sentiment with foam squares.
- Add white gouache splatters.
- Add the sentiment strip die cut using foam squares.
Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 5 lucky winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog by 4/4/2021 for a chance to win.
Altenew will also draw a winner to receive a $15 Altenew gift certificate from the comments left on each designer’s blog on the blog hop list below. All winners will be announced on the Altenew Winners Page on 4/6/2021.
There’s MORE! What’s a hop without YOU?! We have included an Inlinkz at the Altenew blog for you to enter your gorgeous Altenew “Old/New Favorite Altenew Stamp” creations. Altenew will pick 2 of our favorite handmade creations from those who joined the linky party and they will each receive a $15 Altenew gift certificate!
Nenette S. Madero <– YOU ARE HERE
Next up is the amazing Teri Wilson. Hope you liked the cards I made using old and new stamp and die sets. I’m sure you have your own favorite Altenew stamps as well. I’d love to know which one is yours! Leave a comment below to get a chance to win some fabulous prizes from Altenew. Hope we can be friends on IG as well (@mylittleatticstudio). This is where I post my latest creations, too. Thank you so much for dropping by and stay safe always. Happy crafting!!
Thanks so much, Eva!
These are all very beautiful!
Thank you, Barbara!!! <3
I love the vibrant flowers on these cards, and the gold really makes them “pop!”
Thank you so much, Esther!!! <3
Very pretty. I have this stamps set and am embarrassed to say I have never used it!! Your colors and cards are an inspiration for me to get them out!
Yay!! Glad to hear that you were inspired to use your stamps!!! <3
Cards are so elegant! Gold embossing really enhances your choice of colors.
I love gold embossing with anything, Linda! Thanks so much for your kind words! <3
Your cards are just amazing! I love the bold colors.
Hi Nandini! Thank you so much, my friend <3
I ADORE the bright colors and gold embossing!
Thanks so much, Meghan!!! I love gold embossing!!! <3
Oh my! All the cards are beautiful but you knocked the Be Kind card (1st card) out of the park!
So happy you liked it, Teresa! <3
GORGEOUS cards, my friend! You rocked it!
HOla mi Amiga! Thanks so much!!! <3
The colors you chose–the various oranges and teal, gorgeous!!! And the way you added gold to the edges…wonderful. GREAT CARD!!
So happy you liked it, Sharon! Thanks for dropping by!
Well said. If everyone could just be kind imagine how the world would change. <3
So true!!! If we just all make an effort to be kind to one another, what a better world this would be <3 THanks for dropping by!
Glorious colors! I love the color combinations and the bright vivid colors!!! Gorgeous!
Happy you liked them, Jade! Thanks for dropping by!
All so bright and gorgeous!!
Hi Cindy! Thanks so much!<3
All your cards are beautiful. The coloring and colors really appeal to me. Nice step by step instructions. thanks for the inspiration.
Hi Sarah! Thank you for your kind words! <3
These cards are amazingly bright and beautiful. Thank for sharing your lovely art and your good and kind thoughts.
You are most welcome, Mary Ann!!! <3 Thanks for dropping by!
Fabulous card! I especially like the last one, with the die cut background and the beautiful lavender flowers. I just love those colors and you arrangement!
So happy you like it, Dorothy! Thanks for dropping by! <3
Great use of the sets. I like the cutting of the larger flower to fill in the bottom of the card. Wonderful share for placement.
So happy you like them!!! Thanks for dropping by! <3
Wow! Gorgeous designs and colors!
Thank you, Lauryne! <3
I love your bold color choices! Your cards are stunning!
Thank you so much, Linda! <3
What gorgeous, bold cards! Your color choices are really inspiring.
Thank you so much, Catherine! <3
This set is one of my faves too… gorgeous cards! Love your awesome colors!
So happy to hear this! Thanks so much, Denise!
So colorful and nicely designed/executed.
Thank you, Elizabeth! <3
I love them all! I am especially drawn to the last watercolor card, as those purples & blues are just magical and whimsical!
I’m glad you liked them, Elizabeth! <3
Gorgeous cards! I love the wonderful colours you’ve used. I’ve always loved the Persian Motif stamp set of you first cards, and your design really takes them to the next level!! Thanks for sharing the great inspiration! Stay safe! 🙂
Thank you for your kind words, Helen! Truly appreciate it! TAke care always!