Welcome to my blog, everyone! If you just came from Ishani, then you’re on the right track. For the complete details of this hop, head on to the Altenew Card Blog. Isn’t the Paint-A-Flower: African Daisy Stamp set a beauty?
Here are some examples of cards that I made using this stamp set.
YOU’RE THE SWEETEST
- 1. Stamp the PAF Afrian Daisy image using Versamark Ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder on black cardstock.
- 2. Color the image using the Metallic Watercolor pan set.
- 3. Die cut 2 frames from the Fine Frames Cover Die from Neenah Solar White CS and emboss with Versamark Ink and Rose Gold embossing powder.
- 4. Assemble the card.
I wish you could see the shimmer and shine on this card becuase of the metallic watercolor! The black cardstock gives a high contrast to the image as well.
HERE FOR YOU
- Stamp the image on watercolor paper with Versmark Ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Loosely watercolor the imgae using Watercolor Brush Markers.
- Mask a frame around the colored image using Post It tape.
- Color the exposed background with Distress Ink.
- Die cut the sentiment from the Essential Sentiment Strips Die
- Remove the Post it Tape and assemble the card with foam squares.
- Stamp the image in opposite corners using Versamark Ink and emboss with Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Watercolor the background using Desert Night Watercolor brush marker and lighten some parts with added water.
- Add gold and metallic blue splatters using the Metallic Watercolor pan set.
- Die cut the sentiment.
- Assemble the card.
I love the dramatic contrast of the image with the background. You don’t always have to color the embossed images. By coloring only the background and keeping the images white, the images stand out more.
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 09/27/2021 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 09/29/2021.
Next up is Joylita Dsouza. Don’t forget to leave a comment below to get a chance to win a prize from Altenew! You can follow me on IG @mylittleatticstudio for my latest creations. Hope to see you there, too! Stay safe everyone and happy crafting!!!❤️