I’m excited to share what I made for the Craft Your Life Project Kit: Fragrant Florals release! You can find this new release here. This is such a gorgeous kit, and there are many ways you can use the stamp, stencil, die, and embossing folder. Here are a few ways you can use them.
SENDING HAPPY THOUGHTS YOUR WAY
- Stamp image using a very light ink.
- Color the image using the stencils and Frosty Pink, Corral Berry, Ruby Red, Caribbean Sky, Arctic and Persian Blue Mixed Media Inks with a blender brush and detailed blender brush.
- Loosely outline the image with a .03 pencil.
- Emboss the sentiment on navy blue cardstock using Pure White Crisp Embossing powder.
- Die cut the image and trim down to fit a mini slimline card.
- Assemble the sentiments using foam squares.
TIP: Don’t throw away leftovers from the colored image. You can always add them to the inside of the card.
Blending the Mixed Media Inks was a dream!!! Since these are pigment inks, they stay wet long enough so that you can get a nice blend. Just use the same stencil to add layers to the petals and leaves. Always start with the lightest, then work towards the darkest. The detailed blending brushes work well, mainly when you apply the darkest to the areas where there should be shadow. I learned the pencil outline technique from the amazing watercolorist Danielle Donaldson and thought this technique would look wonderful with the Altenew images.
- Emboss Neenah Solar White cardstock using the CYL Fragrant Florals 3d Embossing folder.
- Watercolor using the following dye inks: Hydrangea, Pinkalicious and Turquoise.
- Die cut image using the coordinating die.
- Emboss the image again with the 3D embossing folder.
- Add outline using a mechanical pencil.
- Stamp and emboss sentinent from the Ornamental Bliss Stamp set using Rose Gold embossing powder.
- Assemble card with foam squares.
TIP: Mist the front and back of the paper with water before embossing. This will help break down the paper fibers and prevent tearing.
$300 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $ 25 gift certificate to 8 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 04/18/2022 for a chance to win. Altenew will draw 10 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 04/20/2022.
Up next: Terri Koszler. Thank you so much for dropping by! I hope you liked the cards I made for this release. Let me know which card you prefer in the comment section below, and you might get a chance to win a prize from Altenew. <3 If you like what you see, please subscribe to this blog and my Instagram @mylittleatticstudio. Stay safe, everyone, and happy crafting!