Hi, everyone! Welcome to the Altenew Craft-a-flower: Daffodil and Glitter cardstock release blog hop! If you just came from Tina Smith, you’re on the right track. For the complete list, you may begin at the Altenew Blog.
I love all the Craft-a-Flower series from Altenew. All you need to do is to die cut the different layers from cardstock, patterned papers etc. and adhere to one another to create beautiful flowers! Below are some samples I made using the CAF Daffodil.
LET US BE GRATEFUL TO PEOPLE WHO MAKE US HAPPY
- Create the background by adding drops of paint then spray the inks with water. Allow the inks to mix by tilting the paper. Allow to dry naturally.
- Die cut the flowers using the sea shore gradient cardstocks then die cut the stems using the coffee break cardstocks. Assemble according to the layering guide.
- Die cut the regal label and use foam squares to adhere on white cardstock for dimension.
- Assemble the card.
When I feel like I lost my mojo, I create backgrounds… something that I can do without really feeling creative. The only thing you need to think of is the color combination. And every time, the outcome is different! This background was created during one of those no-creative-mojo days. I wanted to experiment with distress paints. It’s always good to have backgrounds handy. 🙂
HELLO SWEET FRIEND
- Use the distress oxides to create an ombre background on Neenah Solar White cardstock.
- Die-cut the front panel using the Circular Elements die
- Create a watercolor wash using different shades of pink
- Die-cut the different layers of the flowers. (Do not include the middle layers of the flower.) Assemble the flowers and add a pearl accent.
- Die-cut the leaves from the Whimsical Garden Layering die set
- Assemble the card
I chose not to add the center part of the flower to give it a different look. I kept the base white to allow the watercolored petals to be more noticeable. When creating the watercolor wash, make sure to vary the intensity of the pinks for added interest.
Hope you liked the cards I created for this release. To get a chance to win some fab prizes from Altenew, make sure you leave a comment, ok? For my latest creations, please visit me on Instagram @mylittleatticstudio cause that’s where I post all of my new projects. Next up is the uber-talented (and a dear friend of mine) ANNA MAHTANI . Thank you so much for dropping by!Take care everyone and happy crafting!
P.S. If the glitter cardstock sets are out of stock, please sign up for back-in-stock notification on the product page to get notified by email as soon as the glitter cardstock sets become available again.